boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
HI GUYS a few more build pics an ive finally finished working on the 4 stablizers in the stern section an as can be seen the all the 4 rear stabs are now all linked up to work from the push rods connected to the rudder mounting in the stern
View attachment 436686
Just looks like spaghetti to me.... Hats off to you Chris!!!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
HI GUYS a few more build pics an ive finally finished working on the 4 stablizers in the stern section an as can be seen the all the 4 rear stabs are now all linked up to work from the push rods connected to the rudder mounting in the stern
View attachment 436686
Just looks like spaghetti to me.... Hats off to you Chris

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Breathtaking Chris! What a fantastic piece if work! So many details I have managed to miss along the way! Out of interest, why do you show the starboard side?

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Quite simply outstanding. Simply outstanding. It puts gluing bits of plastic together and slapping on a bit of paint into perspective.

Yet again hats off to you.

ATB

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just looks like spaghetti to me.... Hats off to you Chris!!!
HI Andrew yes it does dosent it but that because at the moment the wires are all not fitted in where they are so suppose to go but when i get to fitting them they will all look a lot more tidy
cheers
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Breathtaking Chris! What a fantastic piece if work! So many details I have managed to miss along the way! Out of interest, why do you show the starboard side?
HI Jack thanks for the nice comment why do i just show the starboard side in a show well the reason being that that im a left to right person so the bow will be on my left when i put her on a show table an then it conectets up with the stern end on the right of me an it easy for me to fit the hull jiont butter fly nuts as im right handed an all the switchs are on the port side nearest to me so i can switch the eletrics on an off easyier without havin to walk around to the other side of the model in a model show with people lookin at the model but i could show the port side if i wanted to but more awkward for me hows that Jack does that answer your question ?
cheers for lookin in Jack
chris

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Quite simply outstanding. Simply outstanding. It puts gluing bits of plastic together and slapping on a bit of paint into perspective.

Yet again hats off to you.

ATB

Andrew
MANY THANKS Andrew but you guys that put bits of plastic together do really make some really nice models an if you are happy with doin that like all the other members of this forum then thats all thats matters as this is a hobby to enjoy an the kits do all that so members are happy
CHEERS for stoppin
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great work Chris, you will be a qualified electrician by the time you are done with this model. ;)

Andy.
HI Andy qualified electrician ? dont i wish im rubbish at eletronics i know just enough to get me through this hopefully lol but thanks for your kind comment anyway an i'll propberly be ready for strait jackect after this lol but will find out tomorrow once i start on this wireing Oooooohhhhhhhhh
chris

• Haha

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Chris, looks wonderful with the paint on. You can hardly tell what medium was used under all of that. Details very neat so I guess the starboard side is the photogenic side but your explanation sums up why its this side and not the port.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A meeting was called this evening by myself to bring to the attention of the committee. this build .
There have been very few times in which an award has been made to a part finished model . Considering the amount of skills required in a multitude of disciplines and the shear complexity it has been agreeded to award Chris and Jen with the .
2020DB (1).jpg
Congratulations to both of you and Snowball .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
marvellous... A great feat problem solving, engineering and electrical design. I'm in for the next two years.

John
HI John many thanks for your kind comments an im glad you will be following this build for the next 2 yrs but how things are goin which is very well apart from that mast hiccup it may not be that long as i must admit im suprisieing myself at how the build is comin on a bit quicker than i thought it would but the killer is now coming up an thats the eletrics an building them two gun turrets as i want to make them work if possible but not really fire but look like they are fireing an all this is goin to take quite a bit of thought
anyway cheers for havin a look see an your comments AN HERE'S :thumb2: to the next maybe 2yrs lol ps an it took 20 yrs for them to build her in real so my maybe 2yrs aint to bad is it lol
ATB to you sir
chris an jen

Last edited: