boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an ive still got plenty of them plugs an sockects so if some do get hot an melt with the power goin through them it will be a simple matter of replaceing them but i dont think this will happen at all but better to have some spares is'nt it so thats them all done except for testing themIMG_6819.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SO after testing them wires as i think they should all be ok so what next well as far as my ole grey matter can think ahead it will be build two of these in the pic below an i'll exsplain what they will do when i have built them
ATB all chris
IMG_6818.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris

As I've said before quite simply mind-blowing!!!

Truly outstanding!!! How you keep all that straight in your head I don't know.....

Simply outstanding!

ATB

Andrew

First Name
Andy
All that wiring must be a bit tedious but I am sure the finished article will be a great sight to behold, well done you.

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris

As I've said before quite simply mind-blowing!!!

Truly outstanding!!! How you keep all that straight in your head I don't know.....

Simply outstanding!

ATB

Andrew
HI Andrew it comes from haveing done all this before on my other ships with only minor differences on this one an i enjoy doin this wirein
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN well guys jen an i just done the wirein test an out of 44 wires only one dint work so i call that a 99% sucsses but ive now got to go to hospital for an eye op but when im better i will just part the hulls an put power through up to the hull jiont plug an usein the circut tester i will be able to find out where the trouble is wheather its front section or rear section but will have to leave it for now
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris
That is most rikky-tikky! Outstanding testament to your vision, skills and persistence. Superb!
Steve
AN HI steve well i want to get this built an sailing so its a case of stick at it as there is still a lot more to go in her an loads of more soldering but thats what i enjoy so im happy just got to hope eye op goes ok or what ever they are gonna do
ATB Chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent stuff Chris. That’s a lot to keep in your head though ;)
Hope the Op goes well and you’re back at it soon……

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Chris.........just make sure you leave the Hospital with both your "peeps" intact. :smiling3: :thumb2:;) Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
THANK you all guys but they dint do the op as they said i may have to wait a yr or so but i had some eye tests an stinging eye drops put in an that was it
chris

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
AN well guys jen an i just done the wirein test an out of 44 wires only one dint work so i call that a 99% sucsses but ive now got to go to hospital for an eye op but when im better i will just part the hulls an put power through up to the hull jiont plug an usein the circut tester i will be able to find out where the trouble is wheather its front section or rear section but will have to leave it for now
chris
Actually being picky, it's 98% rounded to the nearest whole number.... But that's being very picky, especially when 98% would likely be my failure rate!! ;) :tired:

In ALL seriousness Chris, very, very well done indeed, it must be a real weight of your mind.

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Actually being picky, it's 98% rounded to the nearest whole number.... But that's being very picky, especially when 98% would likely be my failure rate!! ;) :tired:

In ALL seriousness Chris, very, very well done indeed, it must be a real weight of your mind.

ATB.

Andrew
HI Andrew ok 98% but im pleased on that wireing just got to hope i done get any more fail as i found the wire that wont work as i removed the plug from the hull as i thought that if the wire is on the top or bottom row i can repair it but sods law has struck as its a wire right in the centre row of pins on the plug an if i try an open up the top an bottom wires knowin my luck i'll proberly do more damage an brake more wires as its thses rainbow ribbon wires as they only have about 4 strands of soft copper wire an they brake off easy so ive refitted the plug in the hull an jen an i did another load of wire testing again an they all now seem ok but if any more fail then i shall take them all out an replace the rainbow ribbon wire with them grey wires that i fitted in the front as they have been no trouble so see how we go on that
CHEERS for you post Andrew
chris