boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
YEA so am I Paul I would have been cursein if I hadn't spotted it any pic on your panzer ?
chris
I worked on the Panther today but just more soldering of detail parts for the rear hull. I scratch-built a box-type convoy light (from brass!) and finished soldering the jack mount and rear stowage bins. Tomorrow I’ll finish the detail for the rear hull and (hopefully) get the Zimmerit on. I’ll take a pic at that point and post. It should start looking like a tank after that.

Great progress Chris, I’m astounded at how quickly Tiger is coming together.

Cheers
Paul

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Chris,
Just been having a catch up and it’s great to see so much progress. Thanks for the info on the soldering of the brass bits :thumb2:
Excellent work and fascinating to see how you do it :smiling4:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Evening Chris,
Just been having a catch up and it’s great to see so much progress. Thanks for the info on the soldering of the brass bits :thumb2:
Excellent work and fascinating to see how you do it :smiling4:
Hello Si glad you havin a look through the build an you like the brass braisein pleased you find it fascinatin an i'll just be glad when I can finnish this hull an get on doin some electronics but that will come
all best to you chris an thanks for stoppin by

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL a small update on her
an its a little more of the same im afraid but this is a important step in the build
an it the stern section ive been workin on an ive now removed the deck edgeing screws an frame after sandin it down to conform with the hull edges this bit is for the flightdeck an hangar bay an its very fragile so got to be carefull how I handle itIMG_4838.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now a shot of all the decks on the stern section an the deck edges have had 1mm plasticard added to them all round to make up for the jigsaw blade cut except the hangar bay deck so laid out on the table is batt bay / hangar bay deck / an flight deck an quarter deck IMG_4840.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An Ralph you was on about mistakes on your hornet well I made a big clanger on my battbay deck as can be seen by the grey filler sanded down nice an smoothe now but it was a mistake in the plans I keep tellin myself lol

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Chris, good to see a small update, bugger all small about that:tongue-out3:

Good to see you back in the dock!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, good to see a small update, bugger all small about that:tongue-out3:

Good to see you back in the dock!
YEA Bob work is resumein on her thank goodness my back feels a lot better an you are right it is getting quite big cant wait to start on the S/S THANKS FOR STOPPIN an havin a peak in
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening Chris.
Some very neat fragile ply work there, I'm loving the use of timber and the ply on this. Going to keep you busy for some months yet then ?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Evening Chris.
Some very neat fragile ply work there, I'm loving the use of timber and the ply on this. Going to keep you busy for some months yet then ?
HI John yes it was very fragile them deck edgeings an had to handle them very carefully or they break very easy then I would have had problems but now they are gluded down I can breathe a sigh of relieif. An not just months John but its more like yrs as there is still so much to do on her but im enjoyin myself its keepin me busy an sane I think lol apart from the odd talkin to myself over a problem i think ive got a split personality lol ps John thanks for your intrest
chris