boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An here is the rainbow wirein that will be soldered to them I have bought 5 meters of it lets hope it will be enough if not the i'll have to order someIMG_4864.JPG more

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN I hope to do all the above over xmas as im gonn do a scrogge an keep on modelling as partys are too much for me so its humbug from me LOL :smiling: :smiling: :smiling:
JEN will proberly join in though
chris the miser lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hope you are not colour blind!

Good to see back at the shipyard Chris

Lovely progress

THANKS Bob an no im not colour blind thank goodness do I would be in trouble with that lot of wires colouers but I think i'll have had enough of solderin by the time im finished this lot lol nothin up with the ole peppers but I will use a head magnifier to see them wires go into the sockets propely
chris
Great to see the update. Have a great Christmas.

Peter

THANKS Peter an we hope you an yours have a nice christmas an best wishes for 2020
jen an chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN if I get that lot done an Christmas not over i'll try an start to build this
the bridge super/ struchure a few pics of it an its big
here is a side view shot of it on the plans IMG_4868.JPG

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Man, that's some wiring loom! Where do you get your plans from?
Cracking work as always and really fascinating to watch it come together.

Cheers
Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Man, that's some wiring loom! Where do you get your plans from?
Cracking work as always and really fascinating to watch it come together.

Cheers
Paul
HI Paul yes there is a few wires isn't there but a heck of a lot more to come to work all that I want to put in her an where the plans come from well in the model boats mag jecobins avertize their plans sevice an I just contacted them an told them I wanted to build the tiger in 1/72 scale to match my Norfolk but they said they don't do them that big so I asked them to enlarge the plans on 6 sheets from 1/96 scale to 1/72 an had to pay a bit more but that's the price I had to pay an boy oh boy when I opened them up I had a (gulp) but then I thought well this is smaller than my Nimitz so I cracked on with the build an glad you are enjoyin the build like I will when I see more of your panzer build so a lot to look forward to an happy new yr
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL another small update on tiger's electronics
well ive been now 3days soldering all the 1mm wires into the 44 pins eletrics plugs an well its done all 88 wires soldered an fitted with shrink rap for insulation but im not happy with them as that rainbow ribbion wire is fitted with copper core wire an copper bein a soft metal the wires are not very strong so if any break I may have to do it all again on the spare plug anyway 1st pic now startin to solder in the wires IMG_4877.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
CENTER row of wire sockects done the wires look a bit rough as they have been in clamps an the pic is blown up about 4 times bigger than it really is IMG_4878.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
top row bein done an this was really fiddley an i got the shakes im afraid so had to rest IMG_4879.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
next pic as I said I was not happy with the copper rainbow wires in case they broke off the plug so I opted for some steel wires hopein they will be stronger but with these wires no colours IMG_4882.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an in the final pic all 88 wires are soldered to both plugs will now see how strong they are an if any break off if they are ok then ive got to tomorrow test all the wires with a circuit tester to see if there is any breaks as they cant be seen as the soldered wire joints are covered in shrink rap so ive got to test all 88 wires jovely jubbley with 12v powerIMG_4883.JPG

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Are you sure those white wires are steel Chris? They look like tinned copper to me.
Pete

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris

wouldn't even know where to start with something like this!! Keep up the good work!!!

ATB

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Are you sure those white wires are steel Chris? They look like tinned copper to me.
Pete

HI Pete yes im pretty sure they are steel wires as when I cut them they are silver right through but if they are then ive shot myself in the foot but they seem a lot stronger than the rainbow ribbon copper wire so will see how they handle as im gonna treat them gently an hope they don't brake as once they are fitted in to the hull they wont move any more thanks for your question Pete an intrest
chris