boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL update time im now starting to build this whopping hangerbay an boy is it givin me some headaches planning it an to make it all come to bits two service the two hanger doors as they will be workin but I think ive got a handle on how to build it now after a bit of thought anyway 1st pick is most of the hanger bay bits all cut out an ready to glue togeather but got to go slow so I don't make any mistakes IMG_5172.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An now that ive got that far ive got to fit Sellotape to the hanger floor so as I start to glue in the front parts of the hanger they wont stick to the shiny tape then next step is to fit maskin tape to the sidewalls to hold the hanger in place then I don't KNOW as I havnt thought out any more yet but it will involve fitting the hanger doors but that will be in the next update last pic today IMG_5185.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Lovely work really looking good. The choppers add a whole new dimension.
Thanks Scottie yes it does just think what it will look like with 4 seakings on the flight deck an thanks lookin in
ATB STAY SAFE
CHRIS

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Will you have at least one with the rotors spinning?
OH yes Scottie there will be one on the flightdeck with its main rotars an tail rotars spinning an ive bought some very tiny nuts an bolts so they will be fitted in the main rotars so they can fold up as the rotars will overhang the deck an if they are fixed in postion they will break off very easy but with the bolts in them they will give ( hopefully ) if it all work out as ive already got the tiny 3v motors to fit in the chopper an thanks for your intrest
chris

• Wow
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN THE chopper that will be workin will have a tiny 3v motor like the one below to work the main rotars an a even smaller 3v motor fitted into in to work the tail rotarIMG_4504.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Any way lets hope it all turns out like this as still a lot can go wrong on this build
but will know in about 3yrs or so
chris