boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Chris this has moved on a lot since I last saw it, terrific work as always.
Hope you and the good lady are well.
Pete.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just sat down this morning with a cup of coffee to do my wandering through the site finding all the nooks you guys hid in, but decided to do the whole 40 pages of your thread rather than jumping around. Didn't read every post but your pictorial timeline tells most of the story.

You are the freaking Martha Stewart of the modeling world

Just watching this come out of some sheets of wood to where it is, and am going to guess maybe not even half done is beyond.
It has to fall somewhere between a labor of love and a work of art. Simply AWESOME

AN hi Bob while havin your morning coffee im glad you enjoyed lookin through all 40 pages I hope I dint bore you to much but the build needs every pic to as you say give a pictorial timeline to tell most of the story of the build an you say it isn't even half done well im afraid its worst than that its not even a third done an this build will still be goin 3yrs or so from now as there is an awfull lot to this ship an ive hardly touched apon the electronics that's goin into her when I start .
An exscuse me for not knowin but who is freaking Martha Stewart ? as I led a rather sheltered life lol an yes this build like all my others is a labour of love as I love to see a warship on the water as they look so powerfull an that rings my bell an floats my boat ( pun intened lol) ANYWAY hope to see you on here again ATB
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris this has moved on a lot since I last saw it, terrific work as always.
Hope you and the good lady are well.
Pete.
An hello Pete nice to see you on here also yes the build is comin on GOOD but I just wish an i'll be glad when I can say ive finished building this hull as im still at it had a little break from it to build a bit of the bridge S/S but now back to that hull as warm whether is here an yes jen an I are ok as we hope you an your SWMBO are ok ATB Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An HI ALL again another small update on whats happening on the build well now the warm wheather is here ive took her out to the garage to spray her in grey primer to show all the little holes an cracks where ive gluded the main deck to the hull an boy o boy there are a lot but I cant do any fillin until a tube of humbroll filler turns up by the postie so a couple of shots of the stern seckion all sprayed up IMG_5163.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN in the next pic I have just sprayed the grey primer onto the bow section an again there are loads of tiny holes an cracks where the front deck has been glued to the hull so more fillin just got to hope the filler turns up an here both section are sorry the pic not great dint think about the light comin in through the windows IMG_5168.JPG

B

bobnv

An exscuse me for not knowin but who is freaking Martha Stewart ? as I led a rather sheltered life
LOL....... https://www.marthastewart.com/
Maybe she hasn't made it across the big pond. She is a literal guru (thus the term freaking) and has a finger in everything home from cooking, gardening, decorating, crafts and pretty much anything else you you can think of and she does it well.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Bottoms up!!!
The hull’s looking good Chris
HI Paul again nice to hear from you an yes its getting there ( bet i'll have bloody great long white berd by the time I finish this ship lol ;):cold-sweat::smiling2:) an I see somthing up about your panzer will have to have a look
ATB Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
LOL....... https://www.marthastewart.com/
Maybe she hasn't made it across the big pond. She is a literal guru (thus the term freaking) and has a finger in everything home from cooking, gardening, decorating, crafts and pretty much anything else you you can think of and she does it well.
OK Bob i'll take your word for it as ive never heard of her many thanks for enlighting me something eles ive learned today cheers
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
The monster grows. That is pretty amazing work Chris.
HI Peter an again its nice to see you on this thread an yes the monster is growin every time I fit something on her just got to hope she doesn't get out of hand lol ;):smiling::tired: an I hope you an your daughter are feelin better thanks for stopping
Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An these came by postie today they are the led's that will be fitted in the hanger bays to light them up with the seaking choppers in their storage state that means folded main an tail rotars an crew men workin on them anyway the led are 18 x 2mm on the strip IMG_5167.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an powered by this unit below its suppoce to fit in a cars cigar lighter socket but this will be all cut down to a smaller size an its a 12v unit supplyin power from 12v right down through the range to 1.3v so if the leds are too bright I can adjust the power by turning the yellow dail down to say 6v an if still to bright a lower voltage until im happy with the amount of light bein shown in the bays
chrisIMG_5169.JPG

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Wow Chris, that's looking great in the primer :hugging-face::thumb2:
Really hard to tell that's all hand made, very nice work mate!
Have fun & stay safe
Steven

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow Chris this is huge well done on it so far looking good with the primer
glad its you doing the lighting ,something I,m not have a good understanding in with
sorry so late into this one,like 40 pages ,keep up the good work, ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Have fun & stay safe
Steven

Have fun & stay safe
Steven
HI Steven an nice to see you as well yes all hand made an I feel as though ive been on it forever sandin an filling then holding the hulls up to the light to see any holes or dimples in the hull ive missed that's need sandin an im still not finished as ive still got about a zillion tiny micro holes to fill when the filler comes as I aint got none so postie hurry up
ATB Chris