boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
4th shot of is of how the doors will work from their servos with a push an pull rod by R/C an sorry the pics are not great but I took these shots off my old pc that's in my man cave as its now just a picture book pc as I got hacked by some rotter in Poland an now its got a trogen in it so I dare not download the pics from it as I don't want to spread it to you all or my new pc either chrisIMG_4459.JPG

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Hi Chris, that is one hell of a build there, does that make it like roller door action, not sure if that will work on the ramp doors, I with I could have working hydraulic working rams , be hard in HO scale, easy to model them would cost a lot, any ideas .

Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, that is one hell of a build there, does that make it like roller door action, not sure if that will work on the ramp doors, I with I could have working hydraulic working rams , be hard in HO scale, easy to model them would cost a lot, any ideas .

Tony
HI Tony now I don't mean to offend you but I think you are over thinkin the idea of your workin ramp doors as in my opinion yours should be easyier to work than mine now here is my idea of how I think yours should work 1. YOUR RAMPS have the hinges at the bottom don't they ? 2. just fit a servo horne cut down to about one or two or three holes in it glued to about half way up the ramps you should only need one on each ramp an how long an heavy are your ramps as you should be able to make them fairly light with H BEAM STRENGHTENERS 3. drill a hole the size of a aircraft plastic pushrod normally about a quarter of an inch thick an REMEMBER they ARE FLEXIBLE with its outer cable 4. run this through into the hull where a servo can be fitted an screwed into place 5. on the servo horn you should fit a ball an socket joint you can get them from a model shop or maybe off ebay 6. just try you ramps up an down to find out the length of travel the ramps make from the time they open till it hit the ground an then I cant now say any more as I don't know how big your ramps are please mesure them for me then i'll have another think on this ok but if its about a foot of travel on the ramp doors then I think you will need to fit a rack gear in the hull as with rack gear you can get a foot of of travel but then you will need to do like I did in my Nimitz elevators to push up an down this is the easyiest I can exsplain it but then it gets complcatiated but first find out how much travel on the ramps are needed ?
chris

Last edited:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Chris
You’re the man with the plan! The drawings look good, just the simple matter now of hitting those measurements spot on! I’ve no doubt you’ll do it though. When complete and on the finished model, opening those doors will be a real HMS Tiger ‘party trick’ and will surely wow the crowd.
Anyhoo, good luck with fitting the doors! :thumb2:
Cheers
P

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
You’re the man with the plan! The drawings look good, just the simple matter now of hitting those measurements spot on! I’ve no doubt you’ll do it though. When complete and on the finished model, opening those doors will be a real HMS Tiger ‘party trick’ and will surely wow the crowd.
Anyhoo, good luck with fitting the doors! :thumb2:
Cheers
P
HI Paul well im tryin but very difficult to get it right im now goin to show some pics of how im doin on those doors but I think I need to shorten the door posts by 2mm but will have look tomorrow a im shattered today from building these doors an their workins but a lot more to come but the main thing is im enjoyin it
AN CHEERS Paul for lookin in :thumb2:
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL another small up date now building those hanger doors this is the plans of what they should look like when done IMG_5194.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An first pic is of the h-door with the liftin arms for want of a better word sorry pic a bit fuzzy IMG_5196.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NEXT liftin arms are bein fitted to the h-door an must be square hence my xmas cracker square but it does the job ok IMG_5197.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an the hinge bar will be cut down so the hinge bar will be only in the postsIMG_5201.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
this pic the h-door stood up in the open postion an as I said earlyier I think I may need to cut the posts down by 2mm as when I was building the arms an posts I dint allow for the h-door thickness (duh lol )IMG_5202.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An now ive just fitted it in the h-bay to see how it looks an for fit but 2mm on still or off the legs but think there will be consequents if I do this IMG_5203.JPGI will find out tomorrow

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
in the up postion as there will be a pushrod to pull it open an close via a servo by R/C IMG_5205.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
THE ROD goin across will be cut out so a complete opening an there have got to be feet mountings held down the posts by screws to hold the door in postion an the will be adjustable to fit the bay IMG_5207.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN JUST came across this pic of that merlin helicopter that goin in the ealyier post pics In case anybody maybe intrested in making a helicopter work here is a inside shot of it with its motors an lightsIMG_5195.JPG