boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just guessing but looks like you better build a bigger hanger.......... :upside:
Absolutely awesome, in all respects second to none. I don't have a big enough yard nor an understanding enough wife. Plus I will probably not live long enough to accomplish something of this magnitude....... Long live plastic ! ! !
HI Bob yes you are right the merlin is too tall to fit in the present hanger but later on when the merlin came into service with the R/N the hanger was enlargeded to take it as I undestand it as these ships are still in use with the R/N but on my vershion if you look in the hanger bay you will see a small lynk helo as the merlin is a just visting chopper to try out if the flighdeck was long enough to in corperate a merlin an it was as far as I know so that's the layout ive modelled thanks for lookin in on the thread an your nice comments cheers :thumb2:
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS yes you've guessed it update time
an still on that hanger bay as there is a lot of work to do on it but for the moment im still triyin to get the h- doors lookin right an yes they look reasonable for now but they will be all ajjusted to be right when they are sprayed anIMG_5211.JPG fitted to their servos here in this pic just tryin to see if the h-door work up ok by hand an it does

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN a shot of a seaking on the flightdeck to see if im getting it right an I think I am IMG_5215.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
next is the main power uptake electric D sub connecter to the hanger AN I spent two days on this
as when tryin to fit it in well with the deck in place I just could not see it to fit in place so I had to just guess where it had to be yes I measured it to get in in a rough postion but these plugs must be in the dead right spot or they will not fit so a lot of filein an a little no a lot of blue language but then when its fitted an ok I was thinkin well I enjoyed doin that am I crazy or what ? an anyway I painted it matt black around the plug because if I have to take it out the paint will show dead where the plug should be an it looks a little rough finish as it will be all tidyied up later IMG_5221.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an the shot here of the main wirein that goes into the H- bay an these wires have got to work two servos for the H-doors an the back radar motor to work two radars up on the main mast an steamin white led light an red anti collishion light up on the masts an the white led for flightdeck lighting an main white leds for overall flood lighting an the lights in side the hanger so a lot to do got to get my thinkin cap on as I want the rear mast to lift out of its mounting for transport to the pond so it doesent get broke IMG_5222.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
some shots of what it will look like with two seakings standin on the flightdeck with their rotars all folded when they get build that is IMG_5223.JPGso I can get some idea of what im doin is right

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Coming on strong. PaulE
HI PaulE yes its comin on but its a bit like your rail way there are so many things that will need to be done as it gets more complex so like your layout im sure you know what I mean an that's all the qeutions you ask yourself sayin now am I doin this right have I forgotten anything that needs to be done before I press on the to the next item an if I do will I live to regret it if whatever needed doin before cant be done its the ole chicken an egg thing
chris

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very familiar w/chickineggthang. Currently have halted w/wiring from 2 west wall modules hanging in the wind as I had reinstalled north module already. Will have to run cables underneath:loudly-crying:. Control module is getting really crowed due to poor planning on my part. PaulE

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very familiar w/chickineggthang. Currently have halted w/wiring from 2 west wall modules hanging in the wind as I had reinstalled north module already. Will have to run cables underneath:loudly-crying:. Control module is getting really crowed due to poor planning on my part. PaulE
HI Paule sorry to hear that but im sure you will put it to rights as im lookin forward to seein you carry on with that railway but this on my ship Is what im tryin to avoid as remember this has got to sail on the wet stuff so its got to be right so what ever I build doesn't throw it to much out of balance here's hopein !!!!

chris

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Chris
This awesome wiring loom continues to grow I see! A lot of thought, planning and of course execution of some very complex systems. Quality stuff.
Cheers
Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS well im stumped as I cant get on with tigers hanger bay as I cant get some of the bits I need to carry on until they get here an I don't want to go on to another part of tiger as I got all my idea's stored up in the ole grey matter an don't want to lose them.
As this hanger bay is goin to be fairly complex as ive made it so that the hanger bay floor can be unscrewed so that the bay itself will lift off the floor in case of need of repair an the roof will also unscrew an lift off the bay walls.
So three lots of items an some friends have said ive made it to complex but my answer to that is there will be a lot of workins in this bay an if any thing goes t*ts up I want to be able to get at it easy to make the repair to said item with out breakin anything off anyway.Anyway a few pics on how far ive gotten an the person who designed this H-BAY well I wont say but they have made it on the main mast so bloomin aweward as the main mast is built so it sits half on an half off the h-bay so for a person like me tryin to build in a workin radar its bloomin aweward to say the least but im getting there aaaaaarrrccchhhhh
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Anyway here is a shot of that main mast ( an one radar is on the back of said mast so it cannot be seen in this pic )that I want to get workin A shot here of the plan an lookin backward to the stern an its look ok to fit in a radar sharft but its in the next pic where the problems arise IMG_5232.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An here is the problem pic of that main mast from side veiw with its radars an the mast is outlined in red an as I want to make the H-BAY come apart into three separate bits so must this main mast tooIMG_5234.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
So here in this pic can be seen the wirein harness to make it so that the H -floor can be lifted of the H-walls by fittin in these electric plugs an if you look closely there is another set of wires at the front of the main plug where they now go to the under side to give power to the servo's x 2 that will work the hanger doors IMG_5237.JPG