Excellent engineering. if it all works out ok
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
All very well engineered Chris, nice progress! :thumb2:
Steven
OH hi Steven sorry I dint know you posted on here yesterday im slippin I normally see a post on an answer well i'll do that now many thanks Steven for your continued likes support its very nice to know you are lookin in on the thread an your nice comments cheers
ATB STAY SAFE CHRIS

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Looking good Chris. The Merlin setup looks a lot more complicated than I thought it would be. That must be one tiny motor and gearbox in the tail!?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looking good Chris. The Merlin setup looks a lot more complicated than I thought it would be. That must be one tiny motor and gearbox in the tail!?
HI Jack yes it is a bit complex an I dint think id get it all in but a little patience goes a long way an I had great fun triyin to to get the chopper to work an yes the motor in the tail is very tiny about 4mm wide by 6mm long an both motors are 3v workin from 12v system in the ship by R/C on an off an the nav lights were 12v as well an hopefully a seaking will be all wired up with its motors an nav leds an landing lights on this thread when I get up to that far thanks for lookin in cheers
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Brilliant

John
HI John glad you liked the melin goin an lit up with its lights as I cant wait to get to this stage on tiger doin the eletrical side but im afaid its still hull work an them hanger doors but im really enjoyin the build an thank you for lookin in an the main thing its passin this ole lock down as my days fly through when workin on this build
ATB chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI Tony now I don't mean to offend you but I think you are over thinkin the idea of your workin ramp doors as in my opinion yours should be easyier to work than mine now here is my idea of how I think yours should work 1. YOUR RAMPS have the hinges at the bottom don't they ? 2. just fit a servo horne cut down to about one or two or three holes in it glued to about half way up the ramps you should only need one on each ramp an how long an heavy are your ramps as you should be able to make them fairly light with H BEAM STRENGHTENERS 3. drill a hole the size of a aircraft plastic pushrod normally about a quarter of an inch thick an REMEMBER they ARE FLEXIBLE with its outer cable 4. run this through into the hull where a servo can be fitted an screwed into place 5. on the servo horn you should fit a ball an socket joint you can get them from a model shop or maybe off ebay 6. just try you ramps up an down to find out the length of travel the ramps make from the time they open till it hit the ground an then I cant now say any more as I don't know how big your ramps are please mesure them for me then i'll have another think on this ok but if its about a foot of travel on the ramp doors then I think you will need to fit a rack gear in the hull as with rack gear you can get a foot of of travel but then you will need to do like I did in my Nimitz elevators to push up an down this is the easyiest I can exsplain it but then it gets complcatiated but first find out how much travel on the ramps are needed ?
chris

Hi Chris, I had a better read and study of how you have made your hanger doors, this will shock you I have done mine the same way, I will get some closer pics tonight and send them in an email to you, I could run a full length brass shaft the width of the ramp, my hinges are a smaller version to yours and out of plastic and used tooth pics for the shaft . I am still thinking about a servo, will it run slow enough and not too fast as what I am worried about, what voltage servos are you using .Busy day today I am cutting up the cross beams for the bridge and the arch end sections, nice day here, have to wait till the grass dries out form heavy dew, getting excited as the bridge will take shape.

Tony

B

bobnv

Just guessing but looks like you better build a bigger hanger.......... :upside:
Absolutely awesome, in all respects second to none. I don't have a big enough yard nor an understanding enough wife. Plus I will probably not live long enough to accomplish something of this magnitude....... Long live plastic ! ! !

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, I had a better read and study of how you have made your hanger doors, this will shock you I have done mine the same way, I will get some closer pics tonight and send them in an email to you, I could run a full length brass shaft the width of the ramp, my hinges are a smaller version to yours and out of plastic and used tooth pics for the shaft . I am still thinking about a servo, will it run slow enough and not too fast as what I am worried about, what voltage servos are you using .Busy day today I am cutting up the cross beams for the bridge and the arch end sections, nice day here, have to wait till the grass dries out form heavy dew, getting excited as the bridge will take shape.

Tony
HI Tony lookin forward to the email pics an a servo will run slow but if you want it to whinch your ramps up an down then just simply look on the servo bottom. There you will see four screws undo them but hold all the servo together as you withdraw the long screws then get a soldering iron an desolder the motor terminals from the pcb board an gently take it to bits makin carefull note of how the gears in the servo top are all fitted just find the stops on the top gear. An cut them off so that the gear will revolve around completely then put it all back togeather an it will then run off 5v to 6v to whinch you ramps up an down on a push an pull system wth steel wire hows that ?
chris ps but use an old servo if you do this not a new one