boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Christopher,
She is certainly looking the part now. I am eagerly awaiting the building of the mast.
HELLO Scottie nice to see you again an well ive started building that mast an Its bloomin complcataited an I must admit its putting me to the test as I got the shakes today so had to pack up but I got some some done so that's a start an im not gonna take a pic of it till it looks something but will have another go tomorrow an jen came up with a cuppa an said why are you clappin lol.

But I don't know if any of you have seen a film with Richard harris in called JUGGERNAUT about a big ocean liner with bombs on board an the clapin was like they did in the film when they got the nervers when they were disarmin the bombs an clapin helped them to calm down an thank goodness that mast wont blow me up lol
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Hi Chris, wow you have being busy indeed with the lock down, she is coming along nicely sitting on the small coffee table, really interested on your working hanger doors opening with the way you done it with that crank, the points on the layout is doe the same way using servos.

Or could I work the hydraulic rams the same way with the way, I will have to make a hydraulic ram , figure out how to make T piece at the ramp door end, got plenty of time to work out witch way to go, be dam awesome to have the two ramp doors opening and closing with a switch, I plan to show my ship when it it finished at train and model shows

Have started on my final hull section that will make up the ship , like in the real ship building and is how my ship was built too in sections.

Take care Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It gets more impressive wiht every update.

Peter
HI Peter sorry for not ansewering sooner but been busy building her foremast an its been a devil of a job but got the main section built took me all week as I got the shakes so a bit of clapin lol to calm my nerves an thanks for your comment cheers
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, wow you have being busy indeed with the lock down, she is coming along nicely sitting on the small coffee table, really interested on your working hanger doors opening with the way you done it with that crank, the points on the layout is doe the same way using servos.

Or could I work the hydraulic rams the same way with the way, I will have to make a hydraulic ram , figure out how to make T piece at the ramp door end, got plenty of time to work out witch way to go, be dam awesome to have the two ramp doors opening and closing with a switch, I plan to show my ship when it it finished at train and model shows

Have started on my final hull section that will make up the ship , like in the real ship building and is how my ship was built too in sections.

Take care Tony
AN HI Tony yes ive been busy an its not a coffee table she on but a full size table got to be to get her on ok an I hope you work out your doors on your ship with servos an pushrods its fairly easy an yes I plan to put NORFOLK in a show in October but don't know if it will be canncelelled due to corvid so a big question mark there an lookin forward to seein more pics of your ship
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS an Gals UPDATE TIME
WELL you may remember that last week I set myself to build that foremast well I had a go on it all week an at times got the shakes ( lol ) as it so intricate
well its not nowhere near finished but at least I looks acceptable but not great so I will have to accept it
IMG_5331.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
IN this next pic ive picked out two gears one on the motor which has ten teeth an the big gear which has 60 teeth so the radar rachio will be 1to 6 so every time the radar motor spins 6 times the main gear will spin once IMG_5342.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
here the crown IMG_5343.JPGgear came lose from the super glue just to hold the collet to the gear so usein a 1mm drill I drilled down into the collet an strarght into the gear twice to fit in two brass rods an then super gluded them an now its on very strong an tight

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now in this picture just some of the bits that are gonna be needed on this mast to get two radars workin from one shaft IMG_5344.JPG