boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
the mountin for said radar has to to go off the mast at a 45 degree angle so ive had to cut through one of the main spars for the r- shaft to fit to the yellow crown gear that goin to power it an it will all just unscew an lift off IMG_5380.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
top view lookin down on it an you may notice ive take both bridges off to stop them getting damadged while im building this IMG_5378.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
front view as there as got to be an awefull lot of masts an sensorer an white steamin lights an red anti collishion lights still to be fitted but cant build them yet as im waitin for the brass rod comin from ebayIMG_5379.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here ive fineally sorted out what gears I will need an just for now till tomorrow laid them on an again the gear units will be built in but all will be removeable in case any gear start slippinIMG_5385.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an a last shot of the mast as its beginning to look something now just glad I dint get the shakes today an I hope not tomorrow as ive got to get this radar workin
chris the radar kid lolIMG_5386.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dedication Chris, don't know how you manage to keep going when you come up against these problems. But you do and just plough on. Great work mate .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Dedication Chris, don't know how you manage to keep going when you come up against these problems. But you do and just plough on. Great work mate .
AN MANY THANKS to you John as well an yes i dont like to let a problem beat me if i can help it as it will nag at me all night an i wont sleep but im not a perfectionist i will beat the problem to just acceptable to me an cheers for your lovely comments its all you guys that give me that push to keep goin on this build thank you
ATB
Chris

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, this is incredible work, I am simply STUNNED!
AN THANK YOU Neil yes it is a bit complex but ive done it now an both radars are running but only roughly done with bits of balsa to imatate the the radars scanners as tomorrow i will strip it all down an file all the rough edges off as its still running up in my man cave now but with these new gears they stagger a bit as they are needing to be run in or bed in so im let the unit run for a few hrs an hopefully they will run fairly smoothly an glad you like the build so far as there is still so much more to do on this build just as well this is my last
ATB
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an some shots of it running as ive put on some grease to help the gears bed in IMG_5388.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Just had a catch up. Great methodical work my friend.
HELLO Scottie love to see you drop in an hope you like what im building here as ive got to do it all again on the rear main mast two more radars there loads to keep me goin bit i must admit im lookin forward to fittin in the eletronics but that will come after a water test for leaks
ATB stay safe chris

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Just read this from start to finish. I knew there would have to be a fair amount of work involved to build something like this, but what you've achieved so far is just mind boggling! Makes my efforts look like a child's first scribbles with a crayon!

Each to their own though. I bet I get as much enjoyment from my builds as you get from yours 'cos we're both doing stuff we enjoy - and working at levels that we're comfortable with.