boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Lovely work Chris 6 am, my god thats too early for me lol

Do not tell me you made the mug lol
NO Bob i was to busy building funnels lol an 6am i like a nice early start as by the time ive thought out my coure of action on how to build things the hrs fly by an then its time for tiffen an pack up but you ought to try it Bob you be surpised on how much you can get done in a day at it
chris

Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
NO Bob i was to busy building funnels lol an 6am i like a nice early start as by the time ive thought out my coure of action on how to build things the hrs fly by an then its time for tiffen an pack up but you ought to try it Bob you be surpised on how much you can get done in a day at it
chris
The cats would love it, early breakfast lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well the new yr is fineally here
so its a first update of 2021
well ive given the front funnell a bit of thought an here its just laid on to see if it looks right an yes it does but there is one small problem i hav'nt fitted two air intakes for the smoke unit as this S/S is a very tight fit which is how it should be on the hull.So ive got to make a decision where the air intakes will be but at the moment im indescive so i think i'll leave it for a while still an have a better look on the inside to see if thats any help anyway a couple of shots here with the front funnell on an the fore mast on to see what i got so far IMG_5909.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
ANYWAY back to that rear big funnell as its stands over 8 inches tall an a plan pic of it an there is so much that has got to be fitted onto it as its got a small yardarm i think its called right through this funnel an it will have two red 2mm anti collishion lights fitted onto it an the platform an all the laddders just got to hope i have enough an they are long enough an ive also been building in the air downtakes to the big cooling fan an so far as ive treid running the fans an there is a good downdraugh of air so it works great so far so good but now i'll put on the pics of my efforts so far
but first a plan pic of whats what IMG_5879.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an done thank goodness as i thought i wear away the ruler from takin so many measuerments god i never seen a ship like this before with so many angular sides even my norfolk which is a semi stelth ship dint have these many angles (phew)IMG_5924.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Amazing work. The construction is more than impressive but the planning is truly a real credit to you.
Jim
AN G/M to you Jim yea the construction is a real bugger an planning but im really enjoying it testing out the ole grey matter lol as this unit with the air cooling downtakes all must work an so far its goin great guns an cheers for havin a looksee
AN HAPPY NEW YEAR
chris