boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an im lookin forward to building this the funnells as the rear big one will be a dummy but the front will have steam comin up out of it some shot of what has to be built rear veiw shot IMG_5879.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great progress. Remember suck & blow grills should be as near in area as possible:smiling:. PaulE
OK PaulE gotcha on that an glad you like the progress as today ive been on a roll
cheers for stoppin
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
close up plan shot of these fans ductin that got to be built oh im havin fun on these testing the fans blowing power an such IMG_5880.JPG

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looks like you had a really productive birthday Chris. Or should that be berth day since you're a boatman? ;)
Pete

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nothing like a good Birthday to put you in the proper frame of mind.....looks like you are on a roll Chris. Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great stuff Chris. The planning seems as important as the building when you are working like this.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looks like you had a really productive birthday Chris. Or should that be berth day since you're a boatman? ;)
Pete
AN HI Pete i see you are on a witty end today regards the berthday lol very good that i;ll have to remember that one :rolling: :smiling: :smiling: :smiling: ;)
thank for lookin in
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nothing like a good Birthday to put you in the proper frame of mind.....looks like you are on a roll Chris. Rick H.
YEA Rick as i said to Allen its you guys who give me confidence to build an keep tryin even if im at a brick wall so thank you sir
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great stuff Chris. The planning seems as important as the building when you are working like this.
HI Tim yes youve hit the nail on the head there as in a model this complex forword planning is everything no good goin off half cocked an doin a lot of work what ends up no good but even then though there is still a chance that ive missed something important an it will bite me on the butt later in the build
cheers for havin a look makes me wonder how much more to do on this as i cant see any sign of an end yet so no light in the tunnell yet an hope you have a nice christmas an new yr
chris an jen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well i think im gonna do a christmas update
as i cant do any more on the fans coolling system till ive made the rear funnell as the downtake cooling airtube has got to be built around the rear big funnell so its on to building it an first pic is of the pattern of the funnell shape
IMG_5885.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN building these funnell's i thought would be easy but they were anything but an reqiured quite a bit of thought but this idea came to me in a dream when i was sleepin so it looks like the ole grey cell are on overtime during the night lol
but patience is the name of the game here an from my dream idea i found up some old steradent tubes an to my amazement like in my dream the smoke or steam tubeing i bought fitted the steradent tubes to a T so i cut out the bottom an filded it nice an smooth an the made up 8 more funnell formers from the pattern
so nine altogeather an these all had to be sanded to shape an roughly the same size IMG_5886.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here are 5 formers fitted on to the tube

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here ive fitted five formers on the tube now they have all got to be sanded down so they are all as in line as possible as if not i'll have a kink in the funnell outer caseningIMG_5888.JPG