boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just keeps looking good, actually better and better :thumb2:
OH HI Bobnv many thanks for your kind comment on the build an are you now up at that park ? if you are have fun an enjoy yourself
ATB STAY SAFE chris

B

bobnv

Came home Mon for couple days to restock and look at my new models :face-with-thermometer: going back up today. Have some tools paint and small parts so hope to spend some time on the Cuttys deatils.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Came home Mon for couple days to restock and look at my new models :face-with-thermometer: going back up today. Have some tools paint and small parts so hope to spend some time on the Cuttys deatils.
OK Bobnv have a nice time enjoy
chris

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Tiger just gets better and better. I hope your supplies arrive soon and you can continue the great work on the heli bay.
Cheers
Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Tiger just gets better and better. I hope your supplies arrive soon and you can continue the great work on the heli bay.
Cheers
Paul
HIYA Paul yea she comin on but still got to wait about a month for them collets or collars to fit to the radar sharft as I cant start to fit anything in for it at all as its all got to start at that point as its all got to be dead square or there will be problems

but thankfully jen came into my man cave this morn an declared right this has got to be tieded up an dump some of the boxes I had built up to store an use carboard to make mock ups of things an I thought I may as well help her as the bla*sted aliens had been in an took my ball an socket joint has I only had two an they just dissapperd overnight I looked nr all day yesterday an could not find them

but within 20mins of SWMBO bein in that room she found them right where i thought id lost them crazy enit but I looked there must have been ten times an I never see them anyway after a little victory dance as jen :rolling: her eyes i was back on the case of gettin the hanger doors workin again yahoooooooo so the build will carry on again tomorrow im a happy bunny now an hope Paul you are well
ATB STAY SAFE chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
UPDATE GETTING THE HANGER DOORS WORKING FROM R/C
HI ALL well now that SWMBO has found them ball an socket joints I could not find I have been hard at it getting the H-doors working an so that its easyier to do this I bought myself off ebay a servo worker with out all the R/C all I need is 6v batt, a switch, an this unit, an a servo, an im off an as the dial is turned so it works the servo through it full sweep an then back IMG_5264.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN so a shot of the main components at the door, hanger door ,mounting to open an shut the door ,ball an socket joint ,an a rough servo arm I say rough as I had to work out the throw length of push rod ( but this servo arm I dint use )IMG_5244.JPG which will be seen soon

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here the servo is mounted on the H-deck underside fitted with its proper length arm to pull the door up an down an its all in place screwed down but can be easysily removerd if I need to IMG_5258.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
next pic servo in motion by R/C opening the H-door an as can be seen the pushrod bends quite good but still strong enough to push back up to close said door IMG_5259.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL now over to work on the other H-door as these two doors will be wired up to a Y lead an both on the same R/C channel so when I hit the switch both the doors will slowy open by me fittin in a servo morph.

this is a devise that allows the servos to be set to different speeds an it will if set to slow the servos will take up to 30 seconds to open or quicker whatever I desire an ive never used one before so will see how it goes .

but now ive come across the unexspected !!!!!!

now as the servo has to face outward I have come across that the servo when activaited will only push upwards an not downwards to pull open the H-door so I have a major problem that reqiures a bit of thought how to get around this

• Sad
Reactions: JR