Bronco Comet plus bits....

Road of Bones

Cat slave
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alistair
That’s a remarkable build you have there Michael! I did the Comet some years ago, but it’s not a patch on yours

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mr. Mike,

I am sending you all my cleaning bills for the stuff I've ruined spitting out my drinks when reading your replies. So far, we are at €3,87 and rising. You will not get the bills for my injuries from falling on the floor, dying from laughter. For them, I have medical insurance Sir. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter....

Why would Scottie want to stand outside a pub with an icicle hanging from his nose trying to get enough in his tin cup for a pint??? I am starting to worry about him a bit…….
hey anything for a free pint :tears-of-joy:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mr. Mike,

I am sending you all my cleaning bills for the stuff I've ruined spitting out my drinks when reading your replies. So far, we are at €3,87 and rising. You will not get the bills for my injuries from falling on the floor, dying from laughter. For them, I have medical insurance Sir. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter....

Why would Scottie want to stand outside a pub with an icicle hanging from his nose trying to get enough in his tin cup for a pint??? I am starting to worry about him a bit…….
Youngster Allen
Meet my lawyer :cool: and my accountant:nerd:
My corporation is fully in the matter....

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
That’s a remarkable build you have there Michael! I did the Comet some years ago, but it’s not a patch on yours
Hi Alistair,
Pleased you are enjoying it.
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
I started the second layer by first cementing a length of cam net about halway up the side of the turret with pva....
strip2.jpg
.... Then started to lay more strips on this but turning the lower part to represent strips that had been bent around as the cam net was gathered up to stop it fouling on the hull. I also wrapped a second layer of net around the barrel and hung strips from this but working the end of the strip in and under the previous net.
strip2a.jpg
strip2b.jpg
The bottom of the net was then folded up and over the strips I had just placed...
strip2c.jpg
And this was cemented in place with pva - not pretty at all....
strip2d.jpg
While this was drying out I then went around the turret again adding more strips and working from about halway down the turret on the first pass and then from the top on the second pass overlapping the lower strips. Once that was complete I then went around looking for 'gaps' that stood out and in need of more work. Then the whole lot was put aside for the night.
strip2e.jpg
strip2f.jpg
strip2g.jpg
I decided to give the strips a thin wash of brown filter to tone down the whole strips, this has left the net a satin tone but once a coat of matt goes onto the whole model this will be gone.
And that is it for he net, now back to making up the crew kit etc.
Cheers,
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Mike
Looks great. I would have imagined that soaking for 24hrs the paper would have started to disintegrate but it looks spot on. Love the kitchen ware.
Jim
Hi Jim,
Just finished the job, and I would say that after 36 hours the paper will start to become useable but fragile.
Cheers,
Mike.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
That is looking superb. The slight darkening of the colour was a wise move - somehow looks more natural.
....... still with hair where it should be and not coming out of your nose and ears,
Ahhh - definitely one of life's mysteries. Rather like increasing night time visits to the loo. My fear is that ten years from now I'll be spending my days trimming hair and my nights in the loo. Not an existance to look forward to :rolling: :tongue-out3: :sad: :tongue-out: :anguished:
Jim

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Update,
I started the second layer by first cementing a length of cam net about halway up the side of the turret with pva....
View attachment 370589
.... Then started to lay more strips on this but turning the lower part to represent strips that had been bent around as the cam net was gathered up to stop it fouling on the hull. I also wrapped a second layer of net around the barrel and hung strips from this but working the end of the strip in and under the previous net.
View attachment 370590
View attachment 370591
The bottom of the net was then folded up and over the strips I had just placed...
View attachment 370592
And this was cemented in place with pva - not pretty at all....
View attachment 370593
While this was drying out I then went around the turret again adding more strips and working from about halway down the turret on the first pass and then from the top on the second pass overlapping the lower strips. Once that was complete I then went around looking for 'gaps' that stood out and in need of more work. Then the whole lot was put aside for the night.
View attachment 370594
View attachment 370595
View attachment 370596
I decided to give the strips a thin wash of brown filter to tone down the whole strips, this has left the net a satin tone but once a coat of matt goes onto the whole model this will be gone.
And that is it for he net, now back to making up the crew kit etc.
Cheers,
Mike.
Great effect!!!

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Mike
That is looking superb. The slight darkening of the colour was a wise move - somehow looks more natural.

Ahhh - definitely one of life's mysteries. Rather like increasing night time visits to the loo. My fear is that ten years from now I'll be spending my days trimming hair and my nights in the loo. Not an existance to look forward to :rolling: :tongue-out3: :sad: :tongue-out: :anguished:
Jim
Hi Jim
I agree but the mystery is... we suffer from receding hair loss but then the hair in the nose and ears grows - my theory is that it does not vanish from your head, but comes out through you nose and ears which are attached to you head. The other awkward one is breaking wind, you can sit there all day, but the minute you go to the supermarket and start to checkout - Brrrrpppp it starts - why???? :tired:
Mike
P.S. On a lesser important note - the colour does look so much better.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Most of the build is complete, just a few more bits of stowage to add and antennae, and hopefully a crew, and then it will be onto a base for the old duke. So a few pics to go on with and next time it will be in the completed section.
rtsidefin.jpg
finrtft.jpg
finrear.jpg
finltside.jpg
findetail.jpg
Thankyou all for commenting and looking in, and not forgetting the little bit of banter.
Cheers,
Mike.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Mike

Apologies for being so far behind with this. As others have said a brilliant build.

Very well done indeed!!

ATB

Andrew

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike

Apologies for being so far behind with this. As others have said a brilliant build.

Very well done indeed!!

ATB

Andrew
Andrew,
Many thanks, and do not worry about being late, the old slow ones have yet to catch up....
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Work has had to slow down due to SWMBO's brother dying suddenly, so she has been rushing around getting things organised with the rest of the immediate family in Thetford for the funeral which was held last Friday. I was given the job of Dog and Tortoise carer which I undertook with great vigor - decided to let the little runt have the run of the work room, had to dig him out from behind the desk twice, this meant removal of all the kits stowed under the knee area, dig him out, put it all back and later a full repeat.... Later put him in the wet room for a change, turned on the shower to immitate a rain shower, only one of us was supposed to get wet - but we both did...
So some work done on the stowage, as the local Homebase did not have the edging strip for the base I needed which will be in tomorrow. So set too and made a bucket, another mug, a medical bag and four small infantry back packs. Plus a large covered set of stowage for the rear engine deck.
smallpacksbuild.jpg
Medical bag in primer
medicbagprime.jpg
And two views of the large stowage just after the final dirty wash...
stow1.jpg
stow2.jpg
Cheers,
Mike.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
A’noon Mike,
Looking excellent, lovin that cammo netting stuff :cool::thumb2: