Dave W's 1/24 Spitfire Vb

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
There is. Images 29 and 30, with the seat removed (if I've counted right). 29 is the best showing the trim wheels and , because the seat is removed, the electrical panel/fuse box.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Dave
\ said:
There is. Images 29 and 30, with the seat removed (if I've counted right). 29 is the best showing the trim wheels and , because the seat is removed, the electrical panel/fuse box.Cheers

Steve
Thanks Steve.Im at work at the moment,So couldn't have a proper look

First Name
Dave
\ said:
There is. Images 29 and 30, with the seat removed (if I've counted right). 29 is the best showing the trim wheels and , because the seat is removed, the electrical panel/fuse box.Cheers

Steve
Found it.No cables ,But a few black panels to make

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Coming along nice. Good fun building the gubbing's for the cock pit isn't it :smiling3:

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Dave

Nice work on the cockpit the scratch stuff looks really cool and should busy-up the office nicely.

Cheers

Paul

First Name
Dave
Got some more done this evening.Seat belts painted and fitted to seat after cutting slots in the seat and bulkhead to thread them through.Instrument panel and seat bulkhead glued to fuselage halves.Ive decided not to do any more scratch building in the cockpit.Even in this scale most of it can't be seen.Ive also glued the engine side cowlings to the fuselage halves and glued a few more bits together.I need some mesh for the under wing radiator.Thought I had something suitable in the spares box but can't find it at the moment.

View attachment 98828

View attachment 98829

View attachment 98830

View attachment 98831

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
That pe Sutton harness is certainly looking effective - very nice work overall Dave

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks nice Dave. So, what are your plans for the exhaust manifolds ? Will the engine still be in place even if not visible ? ( I have one of these to build in the future)

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Looks nice Dave. So, what are your plans for the exhaust manifolds ? Will the engine still be in place even if not visible ? ( I have one of these to build in the future)
I've put some plastic card on the inside of the engine cowling cut outs so I've got something to glue the exhausts to .

First Name
Dave
View attachment 99069

View attachment 99070

View attachment 99072

View attachment 99073

View attachment 99074

View attachment 99075

View attachment 99076

I've added some detail to the control column.There should be 3 pipes down the aft side.Ive added these using fuse wire.Airfix don't include a button on the spade grip for firing the guns.Ive used a piece of scrap plastic for this.Its probably over scale,but the real thing was quite big anyway.The kit supplied compass is too small and not very convincing.So I made one from sprue and plastic card.Then I applied a decal from the instrument panel decal set to it before attaching it to the instrument panel.Then I glued the fuselage halves together and attached the top cowling panel.This panel has not been moulded properly and has a sunken area which Ive applied some filler to.Next job is to mask the cockpit opening and then sand down all the rivets on the fuselage.image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Awsome stuff dave , it's not a nice kit really is it but your doing a great job :smiling3:

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Awsome stuff dave , it's not a nice kit really is it but your doing a great job :smiling3:
It's a crap kit Alan.But I have this strange desire to try to improve it and build something half decent.It will soon be time to tackle that wing dihedral problem.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I agree mate and your doing a great job so far , I really want to see that dihedral problem and how you go about it , I found the the underside of the wings was pretty much right but the top pushed them down due to how thin the plastic is on the underside

First Name
Dave
\ said:
I agree mate and your doing a great job so far , I really want to see that dihedral problem and how you go about it , I found the the underside of the wings was pretty much right but the top pushed them down due to how thin the plastic is on the underside
My idea is to fix the lower wing section to a base and support the wing tips.Then build a spar from plastic card probably about 10 mm back from the leading edge.That should stop the wing flexing when the fuselage and upper wings are fitted.We shall see....