Did you see them coming?

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
[/QUOTE]Hi Greg I have made a start on the Vickers but they need a lot of work. The ones that came with the Black dog set went straight in the bin they were worse than the Tamyia offerings .[/QUOTE]
I've noticed that Resin guns are not that perfect... there is only one company that i find extraordinary... live resin..
http://www.live-resin.com/
a lot of super modern stuff... but they are amaizing

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Brad,
I have ordered some different ammo. Because as you can see it is very flat. No you mention it I should have probably tried to round it of a little nut I guess it's one of those things where etch is not necessarily the best option.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Greg I have made a start on the Vickers but they need a lot of work. The ones that came with the Black dog set went straight in the bin they were worse than the Tamyia offerings .[/QUOTE]
I've noticed that Resin guns are not that perfect... there is only one company that i find extraordinary... live resin..
http://www.live-resin.com/
a lot of super modern stuff... but they are amaizing[/QUOTE]

Greg,
I have looked at their website and decided to order a .50 they do appear to be nicely made.

B

Brad9826

Hi Brad,
I have ordered some different ammo. Because as you can see it is very flat. No you mention it I should have probably tried to round it of a little nut I guess it's one of those things where etch is not necessarily the best option.
I just wondered cos they seem to look ok in the pic you have up, I haven't zoomed in our anything, but you're obviously not happy with it, let us know how the next one turn out like... What make is the first and what's the replacement make.:thumb2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Afternoon Scottie,
Just having a catch up on your progress, impressive work as usual mate:thumb2: That live resin stuff look impressive....bet it’s got a price tag to match :surprised:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I just wondered cos they seem to look ok in the pic you have up, I haven't zoomed in our anything, but you're obviously not happy with it, let us know how the next one turn out like... What make is the first and what's the replacement make.:thumb2:

Hi Brad the .50 in the picture is the ET offering it is ok, but not happy with it but in fairness I think that is down to my construction and not so much the kit. The next will be the live resin offering I have never used them before but they look good on their website. When it turns up I will post some pictures.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Afternoon Scottie,
Just having a catch up on your progress, impressive work as usual mate:thumb2: That live resin stuff look impressive....bet it’s got a price tag to match :surprised:

Si, Thanks for the kind words and stopping by, they are not cheap and I have broken my own rules on after market stuff on this but you have to push the boat out now and then and they original jeep was cheap.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hello for those are still following and aren't bored to death yet. I have started adding the clutter the other stuff is ready for painting. Some of the clutter I will have to add a little later as it hangs from the jerry can racks.
The straps are made from foil. Anyway enough waffle let me know what you think and any suggestions to improve.

DSCF1617.JPGDSCF1618.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Attachments

• DSCF1616.JPG
    DSCF1616.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 6

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Si, Thanks for the kind words and stopping by, they are not cheap and I have broken my own rules on after market stuff on this but you have to push the boat out now and then and they original jeep was cheap.

Its funny that we impose these rules on ourselves, but rarely stick with em. Don’t worry though, we all do it!
On a recent online shopping spree, I told myself “just paint, nothing else” ......so what started out as a couple of new paints, soon turned into two new model kits, 10+ new paints, decal fixers, some enamel washes and thinners.....ooops:tongue-out2:

Love the stowage....very neatly done :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Loving the clutter. The 50 cal looks great. Interested in how the Live Resin compares.
Jim

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking good. The "crapintheback" is what separates the ho-hum from the exceptional. Carry on. PaulE

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
nice delicate work Scottie

Thanks Brad, It's these type of things I like to do.

Its funny that we impose these rules on ourselves, but rarely stick with em. Don’t worry though, we all do it!
On a recent online shopping spree, I told myself “just paint, nothing else” ......so what started out as a couple of new paints, soon turned into two new model kits, 10+ new paints, decal fixers, some enamel washes and thinners.....ooops:tongue-out2:
Love the stowage....very neatly done :thumb2:

Si, Your right there, normally I like to make the clutter myself but the black dog stuff looked good on line, but I won't bother again.

Progressing nicely Scottie. P.C.O.
Cheers, Rick H.

Rick, Thanks mate. P.C.O. ?

Hi Scottie
Loving the clutter. The 50 cal looks great. Interested in how the Live Resin compares.
Jim

Jim, Glad you like the .50,I hope the Live Resin one is good it wasn't cheap.

Scottie

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I tend to agree about molded clutter. It's a potential short cut, but never seems to live up to its' marketing. Usually doesn't fit w/out work or look as good as discreet stuff. PaulE

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great work as always Scottie nice aftermarket stuff I always enjoy adding that kind of detail.