Dzhon Race. TIGER 1 Tamiya 1/35

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning all.

Another round of weathering, esp on those cables.
2019_4.jpg

2019.jpg

2019_3.jpg

Now on to some of the building.

2019_5.jpg
Need to take the edge of the center panel. Bit of bent PE with a slight cut made the door handle, pleased with that.

2019_6.jpg

I did say I would go back to the plastic strip, but tried the balsa and its come out ok.
There is film on the back, this will be cut and shaped into broken glass.Easier to fix a full section than to try to glue odd bit in place.

Thanks to those of you following and commenting.
John.

Attachments

• 2019_2.jpg
    2019_2.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 8

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Untidy work in the best possible sense!

Great stuff, 453... :thumb2:

• Haha
Reactions: JR
First Name
Wouter
Ah, love what you did with the cables mate, looking a lot better now, well done! Nice touch with the broken glass.

Cheers

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John you're very good with the foam bored I have to say, can't seem to find it around where I live, never tried using it, I'll leave that to the experts like you,always made a mess with the polystyrene you don't get the same effect unless your name is Ron of course
More please :thumb2::thumb2:.
Pete.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice touch with the cables JR. Can't say enough about the broken glass! Fantastic bit of detail that I'm sure will pay off.
Cheers, Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening gang. 570, Jim , Si , Andy, Wouter ( Thanks mate glad you approve) Pete. Richard, Rick , Paul. and Peter. Wow thanks for those comments.

For Pete's
interest, I prefer to use Kappa Board, that's the yellowish one. The backing peels off easily is by far the best one to scribe. I had some white, but the cell structure is not as tight.
The only supplier in the UK is the 4DModel shop in London.

Had a good day in the cave, mainly working on the building.
2019.jpg

2019_2.jpg

2019_4.jpg

Pete , note the difference in the board, the white on the right and on the base behind the Tiger, a close up will show the difference in the structure.

2019_5.jpg

Have a nice drain pipe to put in that internal corner, the building is glued, but not fixed to the base.
Want to have a contrast between the stone cladding on the building and those sets in the road, think a light sandstone for the cladding might look good. Then plenty of smoke damage and some chard ( joists to be burnt )
:tongue-out3::smiling::upside:

John.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Totaaly awesome dudeie! The Tigger really looks the part. The building is fabulous. Your doing an outstanding job mate. Keep up the great work

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hi John. In my limited experience of both tank builds and of your previous work I'd say this is up there with your best! The tiger looks the absolute business and your weathering is nice and subtle. looking forward to the conclusion

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

Apologies, somewhat beyond in the various builds. The kitty is looking very nice indeed. Well done.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Totaaly awesome dudeie! The Tigger really looks the part. The building is fabulous. Your doing an outstanding job mate. Keep up the great work
Steve, very kind of you, thanks.

Hi John. In my limited experience of both tank builds and of your previous work I'd say this is up there with your best! The tiger looks the absolute business and your weathering is nice and subtle. looking forward to the conclusion

Thanks Neil. I'm starting to enjoy using the Oilbrushes, certainly needs time to experiment and learn .

Looking great John, nice weathering on the Tiger and neat wood and glasswork on the building:thumb2:.
Hi Fernando, good to see you. Thanks for commenting.

John

Apologies, somewhat beyond in the various builds. The kitty is looking very nice indeed. Well done.

Andrew
Cheers mate.

John .

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Most excellent work comrade Race,
The detail in your stonework is truly something :cool: