Dzhon Race. TIGER 1 Tamiya 1/35

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John my friend
That is looking great I’m impressed with the broken glass. Don’t feel bad it took me several try’s put the wheels on my 1/48 tiger And I’m still wondering if I got it right. After all the work I will end up losing the wheel go figure. Keep the mojo going you have a HUGE crowd watching. I think the Yorkshire tea is gone

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking fine Dzohn. Wouldn't be a 453 w/o some real wood. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John my friend
That is looking great I’m impressed with the broken glass. Don’t feel bad it took me several try’s put the wheels on my 1/48 tiger And I’m still wondering if I got it right. After all the work I will end up losing the wheel go figure. Keep the mojo going you have a HUGE crowd watching. I think the Yorkshire tea is gone
Thanks Lee, don't enjoy the model building part as much as the painting and buildings. What no Yorkshire tea !!
Looking fine Dzohn. Wouldn't be a 453 w/o some real wood. PaulE
:smiling3::smiling3: your right there Paul .

All looking good John :smiling3:.
Thanks Ralph.

Been in bed for a couple of days, picked up a cold :sick:
Problem is with having asthma an infection can spell trouble. Having kept in the warm should hopefully keep the cold off the chest.
This means spending time searching the web esp U Tube and then buying quite a few items that " I must have "
So now waiting for various things too arrive. Might get a coat of primer on the building later .
Coffee has just arrived , goodbye.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Building is looking good 453.

I trust your good lady has put more in your coffee than milk and sugar!

Hope you are up and about and fit again soon.

Yours,
The Kenco Kid aka 570...... Other coffee makes are available.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. I’m the opposite yes no tea your slacking you never offered me any or a biscuit.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Afternoon John,
Sorry to read you got the lurgies :face-with-thermometer: Good excuse to get a bit of shopping done and put your feet up:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi John you take things easy, I hope you feel better soon if you can have a quick dip in the local river after you broken the ice, a rub down with the Sporting Life two Churchill cigars and a scotch for breakfast, repeat this for 3 days if that doesn't work we'll have to get matron in and you know what that means.
Trust me I'm a horse doctor I haven't a clue what I'm talking about.
Pete :sick:.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice build on the tiger an the building John as I cant say anymore as the guys have said it all what I think so great job :thumb2:
chris

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Building is looking good 453.

I trust your good lady has put more in your coffee than milk and sugar!

Hope you are up and about and fit again soon.

Yours,
The Kenco Kid aka 570...... Other coffee makes are available.
Greeting 570.Thank you muchly.
Feeling a lot better this morning, (it's now 00:29, )(Simon is probably wide awake as well.
Ive slept so much the last few days that I'm wide awake !

Hi John,
Trust your feeling better now my friend.
Cheers Paul.
Hang tough mate
Hi Steve yo dude ( think that is in the correct vernacular for modern parlance )
Buildings and Tiger are superb...Great job so far....
Jason
Thanks Jason, no figures yet to chop about though :hungry:
Afternoon John,
Sorry to read you got the lurgies :face-with-thermometer: Good excuse to get a bit of shopping done and put your feet up:thumb2:
Thank you Si, had breakfast in bed two mornings running, toast ,coffee and tea. Got up tonight and cooked tea !
Hi John you take things easy, I hope you feel better soon if you can have a quick dip in the local river after you broken the ice, a rub down with the Sporting Life two Churchill cigars and a scotch for breakfast, repeat this for 3 days if that doesn't work we'll have to get matron in and you know what that means.
Trust me I'm a horse doctor I haven't a clue what I'm talking about.
Pete :sick:.
Thanks mate, not to keen on the idea of early dips in local river though !
The thought of Marton arriving has made me perk up no end, she had that look in her eye last time she paid me a visit waving that large syringe about .
Very nice build on the tiger an the building John as I cant say anymore as the guys have said it all what I think so great job :thumb2:
chris
Thanks Chris, appreciate you stopping by .
:thumb2:Just the right shade of blue, if you ask me!:tongue-out3::tongue-out2:
Sir, I'll have you know that my normal night attire is in fact a coloured shirt in 4 BO , in that picture I was wearing one of Steve's night shifts that Matron had lent me .:flushed::smiling3::smiling3::upside:

Well as I said wide awake, so will have a look around and see what everyone has got up to. Thanks for the well wishes :tongue-out3::smiling3:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Missed you John - I awoke in the customary heap, freezing cold, at 02:50 :sleeping:

Building looking good

Glad you are feeling better - thought I hadn't seen you about for a couple of days

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Missed you John - I awoke in the customary heap, freezing cold, at 02:50 :sleeping:

Building looking good

Glad you are feeling better - thought I hadn't seen you about for a couple of days
Hi Simon, I thought you might have been up prowling the night ! Not dozing in the chair :smiling3::smiling3:.

Morning JR, hope you're on the mend. Another great build from you
Thanks Mick, have realised that staying in bed, sleeping and keeping warm is far better than trying to carry on, as I had to when working.
Glad you enjoying the build.

[/QUOxTE]
Lee, that is terrible not offering tea and biscuits, I do apologise.:smiling2:
You can have extra when Alan brings round the refreshments.

Spent a few hrs this morning painting the building, took every thing into the kitchen and stayed in the house. No photos as only applying a brush coat of standard artist's acrylic paint. Used a pure titanium white with a spot of very light brown. This is purely a sealing coat of the foam as it is so absorbent.
Hopefully tomorrow a delivery is arriving from John at the shop containing some Vallejo Stone colour, amongst the other paints and a pigment I needed .

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi
Spent a few hrs this morning painting the building, took every thing into the kitchen and stayed in the house. No photos as only applying a brush coat of standard artist's acrylic paint. Used a pure titanium white with a spot of very light brown. This is purely a sealing coat of the foam as it is so absorbent.
Hopefully tomorrow a delivery is arriving from John at the shop containing some Vallejo Stone colour, amongst the other paints and a pigment I needed .

Sorry to see that Pinnical Pigments seem to have finished, they had such a vast selection of powders and were a British Firm, really liked their 50 gm wide containers that didn't tip over !