Ford GPA

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I knew you couldn't leave this alone while building it Paul!!! Coming on real good and glad you're having lots of fun doing it too. Drive on Bro!!!

Bleib Gesund
Allen

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Lovely detail work Scottie! :thumb2:
Looks great so far!
Steven

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I knew you couldn't leave this alone while building it Paul!!! Coming on real good and glad you're having lots of fun doing it too. Drive on Bro!!!

Bleib Gesund
Allen
Allen, You know me I must have a tweak here and there lol gleich falls
Lovely detail work Scottie! :thumb2:
Looks great so far!
Steven
Cheers Steven.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Oh! What happened? I've missed this one...???
Right, I'll pull up a bollard and watch from a distance, not to far mind, I want to see what you're doing :nerd:

Lee

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Better and better...well done and keep on doing... :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Oh! What happened? I've missed this one...???
Right, I'll pull up a bollard and watch from a distance, not to far mind, I want to see what you're doing :nerd:

Lee
No worries mate good to have you along don't look to closely you will see all the mistakes.
Better and better...well done and keep on doing... :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2:
Thanks Greg.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Another excellent update Paul. I'm enjoying this nearly as much as you are. LOL. Keep up the great work

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You know me, I'm a glutton for this sort of thing...is there any seating left?...and I'm not sitting next to JR, he always drools when he nods off. By the way, where is the old goat?:tongue-out3:
I'm here right behind you !
Just arrived Paul , looks as if it's going to get crowded.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Cracking stuff Scottie

I didn’t have an etch set for mine - do you get the mesh screens for the openings next to driver and passenger? Think I made mine from net curtain

I see you started on the back end - you may already have it in hand but just in case, there should be a seam flange running around the perimeter of the prop recess

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Another excellent update Paul. I'm enjoying this nearly as much as you are. LOL. Keep up the great work
Hi Steve, glad to know your enjoying it as well
I'm here right behind you !
Just arrived Paul , looks as if it's going to get crowded.
Hi John, Good to have you along.
Cracking stuff Scottie

I didn’t have an etch set for mine - do you get the mesh screens for the openings next to driver and passenger? Think I made mine from net curtain

I see you started on the back end - you may already have it in hand but just in case, there should be a seam flange running around the perimeter of the prop recess
Hi Simon, Yes you do get the mesh screens included in the set. Thanks for pointing out the seam I will add this as well.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not much done today but what was done was quite fiddly. The headlamps hang from the guards, so I had to fill the holes in the plastic lamp bodies and oles drilled in the back for the cable. The etch was part formed then the lamps were stuck to the frame, when this was dry the cable were added to the back of the lamp and the rest of the etch was formed to shape. A hole was drilled in the body of the jeep for the other end of the cable. the whole lot was then CA'd into place. Just for a bit of interest I added the clear lens to one light but the other one I hollowed out and added some wire to show the lens being broken. Finally the securing bolt was shaved of the kit part and glued on top.

DSCF2304.JPG

Next all the moulded detail was removed from the, I don't know what its called. And replaced with the etch parts.

DSCF2306.JPG

I still have the detail to add to the handle.

Cheers
Scottie

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Blinkin,blimmim eck........
Just getting better and better Scottie,that sure is some intricate modelling right there:flushed:!!
Cracking stuff mate,
Cheers,
Andy

Reactions: JR

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Shiny details Scottie, I like the idea of the broken lamp :thumb2:.
Looks all very fiddly indeed, have fun!
Steven

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
.. and i'm becoming repetitive.... but your skills are stunning... show us MOOORE MOOOOOOOOORE :smiling6: :smiling6: :smiling6: :smiling6:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul
Missed out on this till now. Very nice detail work on the GPA. Loving the PE and other scratch details. I'll be very keen to see how this turns out as I have this kit in the stash which I've earmarked as part of the load for a 1/35 LCT4.
Great work
Cheers
Paul

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Blinkin,blimmim eck........
Just getting better and better Scottie,that sure is some intricate modelling right there:flushed:!!
Cracking stuff mate,
Cheers,
Andy
Andy, Thank you happy you like it.
lovely stuff Paul
Glad your sticking with thank you.
Shiny details Scottie, I like the idea of the broken lamp :thumb2:.
Looks all very fiddly indeed, have fun!
Steven
Thanks Steven I just thought it might add a bit of interest but I think I need to find some finer wire for the internals.
.. and i'm becoming repetitive.... but your skills are stunning... show us MOOORE MOOOOOOOOORE :smiling6: :smiling6: :smiling6: :smiling6:
Greg, please mate i am blushing here, but glad you like it.
Hi Paul
Missed out on this till now. Very nice detail work on the GPA. Loving the PE and other scratch details. I'll be very keen to see how this turns out as I have this kit in the stash which I've earmarked as part of the load for a 1/35 LCT4.
Great work
Cheers
Paul
Paul, welcome aboard the kit shows its age but does scrub quite well with a bit of work. I look forward to seeing your take on this and the combined build with LCT4.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy, Thank you happy you like it.

Glad your sticking with thank you.

Thanks Steven I just thought it might add a bit of interest but I think I need to find some finer wire for the internals.

Greg, please mate i am blushing here, but glad you like it.

Paul, welcome aboard the kit shows its age but does scrub quite well with a bit of work. I look forward to seeing your take on this and the combined build with LCT4.
Hi Scott
It does look typical Tamiya of its age. And actually that's alright in my book. The PE obviously helps and the odd scratch detail can fill any voids.
Superb stuff
Paul

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scott
It does look typical Tamiya of its age. And actually that's alright in my book. The PE obviously helps and the odd scratch detail can fill any voids.
Superb stuff
Paul
Paul,
I would rather make an old kit and try and make it better anytime over the new over engineered over priced offerings today.

D

Deleted member 6559

More fine detailing Scottie. Thought of you watching 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' - the Soviet ZIZ 485 used in the film was based on lend-lease DUKWs.