Ford GPA

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Paul I'll have another go, great skills on show again, love all the upgrades the PE is certainly needed on this build.
Pete.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul I'll have another go, great skills on show again, love all the upgrades the PE is certainly needed on this build.
Pete.
Hi Pete, Sorry my friend I just checked back and realised I had not replied to your previous comment. Glad you comment again and glad you like it so far.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just had a catch up, looks the bomb Scottie.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Only a little bench time today. Added the strip around the propeller recess thanks to Mr T for pointing it out but then forgot to take a pic.
The side walls were added along with some bolt detail. I also added the map pocket, but I made a new cover form pewter as the etch one was to square and stiff.

DSCF2309.JPG

I need to revisit the up right as I have noticed it's not square. Plus the more i look at it the more convinced it should not be flat but as far as I can see there is no instruction to fold it.

Next before I fitted the etch grills I filled the pocket with some off cuts of plastic and painted it black this was to cover the miss match of joints from the various parts although it was doubt full if you would have seen anything through the grills.

DSCF2308.JPG

cheers
Scottie

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Not much done today but what was done was quite fiddly. The headlamps hang from the guards, so I had to fill the holes in the plastic lamp bodies and oles drilled in the back for the cable. The etch was part formed then the lamps were stuck to the frame, when this was dry the cable were added to the back of the lamp and the rest of the etch was formed to shape. A hole was drilled in the body of the jeep for the other end of the cable. the whole lot was then CA'd into place. Just for a bit of interest I added the clear lens to one light but the other one I hollowed out and added some wire to show the lens being broken. Finally the securing bolt was shaved of the kit part and glued on top.

View attachment 380863

Next all the moulded detail was removed from the, I don't know what its called. And replaced with the etch parts.

View attachment 380864

I still have the detail to add to the handle.

Cheers
Scottie
Hi Scottie, the GPA needed upgrading anyway and what best by you. Lovely work and the test for true skills is the luxury of making a difference like the broken lamp and map case. By the way the "don't know what it's called..." thingy is the "cooling the nuggets" vent. :tears-of-joy::smiling6: So much bling for such a little fella. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking good Scottie, nice to know Mr. T is looking out for you. :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
:blow-kiss: ooh I LOVE that map pocket!
Thanks Neil, it looks a little better than the etch top.
Hi Scottie, the GPA needed upgrading anyway and what best by you. Lovely work and the test for true skills is the luxury of making a difference like the broken lamp and map case. By the way the "don't know what it's called..." thingy is the "cooling the nuggets" vent. :tears-of-joy::smiling6: So much bling for such a little fella. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
That's very kind of you mate and a great compliment coming from someone of your skills. As to the "cooling the nuggets" vent that's what i would have called it :tongue-out3:
More great modelling Paul :smiling3:.
Thanks Ralph.
Looking good Scottie, nice to know Mr. T is looking out for you. :thumb2:
Cheers Rick, I blame him for my decent into madness:tongue-out3:

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The etch work is looking good Paul, like the map case.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It's OK Scottie, The pressure can be enormous, I'm sure. If it weren't for folks like Simon we'd end up with half finished models!:flushed:

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Superb work. You are taking this to another level.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The etch work is looking good Paul, like the map case.
Thanks Graeme, happy you like it.
It's OK Scottie, The pressure can be enormous, I'm sure. If it weren't for folks like Simon we'd end up with half finished models!:flushed:
Hi Rick, he has a lot to answer for lol.
Gorgeous work Scottie- silk purse imminent!
Bones thank you kindly mate.
Sublime PE work as always Paul. :smiling3:
Thanks Bob, not quite sublime I mullered a bit today.
Hi Scottie
Superb work. You are taking this to another level.
Jim
Thanks Jim, hopefully I am making some improvements.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A liitle bit more day by day. I didn't like the back seat, the kit part was the usual straight flat piece, so looking at my reference pics I made a new one from evergreen. I also added from some lead wire what I believe are the bilge pump outlets. Finally I repositioned the etch upright so now it sits nice and straight.
DSCF2310.JPG

As I said to Bob, in my previous reply I mullered some of the etch, so I removed it and replaced it with evergreen. It looks a bit of a mess at the moment but needs cleaning up and also the bolt details. This I will do when fully dry.

DSCF2311.JPG

Thanks for looking
Scottie

Attachments

• DSCF2310.JPG
    DSCF2310.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 2