Four 1/16 Dragon Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
First Name
Jason
Great job as usual Peter.... just catching up as for no apparent reason BT changed my phone number which cut off my internet access... somebody got their lines crossed but nobody seems to know who...hope your feeling better soon... take care
Jason

• Sad
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter .
Best place in bed when you feel like that. Hope things improve and you are being waited on hand and foot !

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Hopefully you've had a peaceful nights rest?

Lovely work and a great distraction from being ill,

Keep yourself hydrated and enjoy the relief that painting gives when you can

Its going to be a cold snap.

Wrap up and stay warm and well watered

Have a good day and take good care, all of you

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Pete - Not getting any worse at least. Thanks.

Jason - Sounds fairly typical. They changed the local TV signal about six months ago and we lost everything. We just use I-Player etc now and there's no loss, and even better, no adverts!

John - It's a weird illness because it seems to come and go. One moment you feel a bit better, the next you collapse into a coughing fit. Not much TLC from the others as they're keeping their distance - you find out who your friends are at times like this!

Steve - Yes, sleeping OK. Drinking lots of water and sleeping when needed. Will try and do more painting today as it's such a great distraction.

• Sad

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter, just read about your symptoms. Get some sun if there is any in your area. This virus love cold and damp spots. So far there isn't any remidy for this blasted thing except to sit it out. Hope you feel better soon.

Regards,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Neil - Thanks. My own beards getting a bit too Hoxton as it happens - must get the clippers out.

Richard - The weather has just turned colder as it happens - not that that makes any difference to me now.

Back to the figure, and his personal equipment is done:

100_6801.JPG100_6802.JPG

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Steve - Nothing to apologise for. Feeling a bit over-sensitive because it looks like, yay! I have the Coronovirus. I've been feeling a bit under the weather with my usual winter sinusitis, but I also developed a sore throat and earache and began to feel very lethargic. Could have been anything, until last night, the cough started. I have some tightness in the chest and a slight fever as a result, so it looks pretty clear, though there are no tests available here in Kent.

Not sure where I got it from, as I don't go out much, but my son has been going to school and my wife has been galavanting all over the south of England.

So, my wife, son and myself are self-isolating, which will be fun (probably end up killing eachother). My son is already pretty depressed about the school situation, as he's supposed to be taking his A-Levels this year and it looks like his 18th birthday in May will be a damp squib. Katherine, fortunately can work from home.

At least I have modelling to keep me sane.
Peter,
Hope you improve health wise, I do enjoy looking at your work and look forward to more.
Mike.

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Thanks my man.

Mike - Hopefully, this will be as bad as it gets. Day three and it's only got slightly worse. As I've said before, I'd rather get it over with and hopefully develop some antibodies.

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Scottie.

Edited!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
hi Peter
Firstly take care of yourself and recover soon. All the best to your family as well.
The figure is sublime as always I think the fur is excellent and must be hard to make look 'furry'.
Please reconsider your decision. Your work gives pleasure to many and your involvement with the forum is highly regarded. I posted on the Coronovirus thread and would hate to think I have caused you upset.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

OK Jim and thank you.

I've been rash and said things I regret, which I apologise for. As you know. I've got the Coronovirus thing, which is making me feel weird enough, but added to that are some marriage difficulties which are adding to some already existing deep, deep bouts of depression and carpet-gnawing attacks of anxiety. It all makes me very, very sensitive to apparent criticism. I knew I was doing the wrong thing commenting on the Coronavirus thread and wish I could wind back time, but.....

Anyway, normal service will be resumed. I'm going to stick to purely modelling matters from now on. Should get this one finished tomorrow.

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter,
I'm pleased to hear you are staying and fair play for honesty in your last post, look after yourself and best wihes to your family stay safe and update when you want.
regards Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.
Just sent you a pm, then came here. Good !

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

lovely work and a great release from the pressures of the world at the moment.

The cold clear snap has arrived 1 C this morning, though I have been up too early!

Have a restful and restorative day and paint when you can

Take care

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Chaps.

Feeling a bit shame-faced this morning, so apologies to all.

It's the turn of the MP40 and Panzerfaust today, then a base and weathering. It's a bit of a boring figure, so I may team it up with another in a vignette - depends if the other ever arrives from Hong Kong.