Four 1/16 Dragon Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Well I keep saying it but that is superb. He is certainly one of my favourites. Hope you're feeling OK. As Tim, a fellow sufferer, says stay strong and keep painting - models that is not the spare bedroom :tongue-out3:
Jim

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Jim - glad you like him. He'll forever be associated Coronovirus unfortunately. Feeling lousy, but thankfully no worse.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A faultless piece of work Peter.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s fantastic Peter, especially as your health is not on par at the moment. Absolutely no drop in standard. Looks like he’s trying to find Covid19 and is going to shove that panzerfaust where the sun don’t shine :sick:

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Many thanks.

John - Glad you like it.

Tim - Thanks also. It's been bizarre working on this and having the virus - a slightly hallucinatory experience. He's actually out looking for loo roll, and will ambush an Andrex truck if necessary.

First Name
Andrew
Great figure Peter!
I haven't read what you now regret, so won't bother and just enjoy your wonderful work.
Get well ASAP and keep enjoying our shared hobby.
Andy

D

Deleted member 6559

On to the next figure:

100_6825.JPG

As Peiper is wearing a full set of Kriegsmarine leathers, I'm going to do what I've done before with this figure, and try to depict a U-Boat crewman on watch:

degen_horst.jpgimages (12).jpg1c8e9e6df6fc1da3eebabdc49b8525ed.jpg

U-Boat officers tended to wear a double vested version of the jacket, so I'm going to try and depict an NCO. He'll probably get a head change and will be supplied with naval binoculars and a flare gun to explain the belt. As you can see from the photo on the right, there was a great variety of dress, including many different types of headgear and even some Heer winter coats.

The sprue shot:

100_6826.JPG

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Peter,
in heavy weather, the men on the conning tower would wear a belt, clipped onto the tower, to prevent them from being washed overboard - maybe a larger belt over the top of the existing belt?
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Hope you're on the mend. Looking forward to this. Dave's idea sounds fun but you'd need a bit of railing for him to clip to.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Jim

He'll be lucky to get a bit of decking to stand on......

The current state of play:

100_6827.JPG100_6828.JPG

I was going to use the kit head and cap, but found I didn't have any etch insignia with which to convert it. I therefore decided to use this head, which belongs to the Panzer Grenadier kit in this batch (this one is from the spares box, the actual kit is on the slow boat from Hong Kong). I've built up the scarf over the throat with putty, which will need tidying up when dry.

I've given him a Verlinden hand holding a flare pistol, a pair of naval binoculars and the kit hand holding a pair of gloves. I've also added a holster for the flare pistol.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RichardMo

nice trio Peter. very late to get here but as I read your post I have to comment on the push it comment . I like your style I have my own style I tried to teach my son. he didn't like it nor could do it . I feel your style is already in your painting and comes natural only to you. so keep it. its your's

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Rick.

The comment about pushing it wasn't so much about style as the commentator suggesting that I wasn't trying hard enough to improve. As you know, figure painting is b****y difficult, and as far as I'm concerned I'm trying my hardest all the time.