gun crew have bad day

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Coming together really nicely now Terry. I thought it might help lifting the water level by the riders. You can now have great fun forming the waterfall and rapids!

Yes, looking good......

Ron

0ne48thtel

Thanks Alan & Ron There is still a long way to go with all of it. At the moment the figures seem to be what s swallowing heaps of time and I have to say it feels like I am getting know where fast.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Take your time Terry. To rush any build, particularily a diorama is asking for trouble.

Why not put the figures to one side and do some work on the base, then attack the figures later?

When I get the going nowhere sort of feeling I pick one area of the diorama and do a bit to that...In your case, what about the water?

0ne48thtel

You could be right Ron put them down and go at something else.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do agree with Ron,with the figure work,if its starting to turn into a job or chore,like mowing the lawn in spring ,

leave them be for a bit and look again with fresh eye,s lol,:rolleyes:

N

noble

Hi Terry this is coming together very very nicely, figures especially if you have got a few tend to do that but you are most likely further along with them than you think, chin up mate.

scott

0ne48thtel

Just a quick update on what I have been up to. I have started adding the pva as the water which is proving a long job in itself. As I want it to dry out between layers I have added a mud colour to the second coat and got carried away. This lead to an over run in to the river below he water fall not to worry as it will all look a bit muddy by the time I am finished. As in my last post the figures are taking some time to get to a level I am happy with.View attachment 97107

View attachment 97108

View attachment 97109

View attachment 97110

View attachment 97111

View attachment 97112

001.JPG

006.JPG

010.JPG

013.JPG

015.JPG

019.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Terry,so your doing the water by using PVA ,glue ?

the last pic of the river with the wash of brown in a strange way dose look good,:rolleyes:

as if just a bg dam has been broke some were else up stream,

your figures are coming along nice,never easy to paint faces,:confused:

if i may say so,you just need to pickup the eye outline,maybe saying this before you get to that point,

but if you give them a wash with some think like a burnt cad,red it should pickup the eye out line,and settle

in that,just showing an upper and lower eye, ;)

will look forward to next update,

0ne48thtel

Thanks Moni Yep I am using PVA for the water although I am beginning to think I should have chosen something else. We shall see how it progresses if needs be I can change. The figures aren't finished as yet as I am not entirely happy with certain bits. The camera always seems to show the worse bits on figures that to the naked eye don't look to bad. Onwards and upwards I say onwards and upwards.

N

noble

Terry the water actually looks fine, add a few more coats of PVA until it is clear on top so that you get the effect of the river bed underneath, just remember to add flurries around the rocks. If you get a wall tile and using clear drying silicone sealant, make a vertical line the width of your water fall, then add thin vertical stripes and allow to dry overnight using PVA attach this to your waterfall, it gives it that fast moving waterfall effect.

scott

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
. The figures aren't finished as yet as I am not entirely happy with certain bits. The camera always seems to show the worse bits on figures that to the naked eye don't look to bad. Onwards and upwards I say onwards and upwards.
yes i think the same way,about them,why dose it pickup what,s wrong but dose not show the good bit,s lol, ;)

are your figures Mini Art ?

if so I know why your having some problems with the face detail,well its just not there, :confused: :rolleyes:

so please do forgive my rushness with painting

0ne48thtel

Ok I am now back on he case with this build again having found something a bit better than my original plan of pva. Also with the incident of the EZ water behind me I feel happy to carry on so here are a few pics. I am going for a muddy fast flow look once the level is up to where I am happy I will sculpt some bits out of silicone to go around legs and vehicles etc to look like there is a bit of a current.View attachment 102903

View attachment 102904

View attachment 102905

View attachment 102906

View attachment 102907

View attachment 102908

View attachment 102909

017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

S

Stevekir

The model has lots of action in it, things going on and places to look at.

Silicone being a thick liquid, it curves up where it meets anything immersed in it such as legs. This is caused by the meniscus/surface tension effect which occurs everywhere. In a model it is inevitably out of scale (too big). Perhaps it could be reduced by putting the figures in place when the silicone has stiffened a little. Hopefully, the act of putting them in at that stage would tend to drag the silicone down a little and hopefully counteract the upward curve.It would need practice. Just a thought. (However, I realise that you have gone past that stage with your model.)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
This is looking really good Terry .......... I like it.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Terry,very well done, :D

and glad that your going to show were the water is flowing around things as well, ;)

what did you end up using for the water, ? :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

Really top notch building there I love the water already it looks real can only imagine how good the finished effect will be. Outstanding.

0ne48thtel

Thanks guys your comments are much appreciated as always. Moni I used a product called realistic water it is a lot more expensive than I would like but I feel it is giving better results.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Terry,it real looks good and well worth it buy the looks, ;)