GWP Ruins dio constructed from home materials during lockdown.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Scottie, I hope I can do justice to what I'm planning.

Rick, his dios are looking quite sparse and devoid of civilians...hmmmm I wonder what happened. :thinking:

Today I spent sometime scribing the detail on the back of the filled Italeri section of the church ruin...

G9.jpg

It will strewn with rubble and burnt timber...
As for below, I got a bit lazy and didn't want to sculpt the window detail just below the arch so I just built up the plaster and scribed the stonework.

G10.jpg

Thanks for looking in guys.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I really like the way this is shaping up. I think the painting will definitely put it over the top Richard.
Rick H. :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Rick and Paul, I hope so, stone walls aren't my forte when it comes to painting. Sorry for the late reply. Was scrounging for accessories to go with the civilians and found these...

G8.jpg

They'll be quite fun to build up and paint. I ought to mothball some of these items for future dios.

Cheers,
Richard

Road of Bones

Cat slave
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alistair
Great idea for a dio Richard, and you’ve certainly accrued enough texture items to populate it! Looking forward to seeing how you get on (love the Fireflies too :thumb2: )

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Rather late in on this - sorry. Just had a catch-up. I really like the dio idea. Civilians are so often overlooked and their suffering in war is terrible. The ruin looks great and all from bits and pieces. Tank is full of detail and deserves to be taken out of mothballs.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Guys,

Great idea for a dio Richard, and you’ve certainly accrued enough texture items to populate it! Looking forward to seeing how you get on (love the Fireflies too :thumb2: )
Only a lockdown queue could have sparked my noggle for such an idea. Got loads of chairs, tables, waterpumps, crates and what nots collected through the years and would have been silly not to use them at some point. :smiling2: I wonder why it was named Fireflies...there's a season to watch them on a rivercanoe ride on the Kuala Selangor river and you see thousands of flickering lights amongst the overhanging trees...very pretty.

Hi Richard
Rather late in on this - sorry. Just had a catch-up. I really like the dio idea. Civilians are so often overlooked and their suffering in war is terrible. The ruin looks great and all from bits and pieces. Tank is full of detail and deserves to be taken out of mothballs.
Jim
Good to have you here. Lately there are dios featuring civilians because of the abundance of affordable civilian figures in plastic now available so its a good thing to highlight their plight. I like putting bits and pieces together don't you? :smiling4: At least one of the two Fireflies is being used, another idea might come along for the other.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Oi what are you doing with my Eastern European civilians Richard !!!
Giving them a new set of clothing and shoes John plus hair...they look deprived. :smiling2: Off to add mesh to 1:1 scale windows...cats are planning a breakout.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Just stumbled across this post Richard. Lots going on and I am intrigued to see how it turns out.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Steve, thought you were already onboard keeping John company. Indeed lots going on but whether the mojo is sustainable depends on the lockdown. :smiling3: Well for now I've moved over to the Kure Harbour dio for a short tinkering.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
See what short tinkering can do...I wouldn't advise it. Time passes so fast I thought I only just scribed the building only just yesterday.

I decided to give the glass case a firm hold and gave the base a border. Also it's confirmed that the composition will be as planned and the water fixture is permanent.

G11.jpgG12.jpg

Figures are being sorted and I have the crew also ready.

Cheers,
Richard

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Looks like another interesting one to watch, I'll join at the back.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks for looking in after a year. Time to wake the guys in the front seats and dust of cobwebs. :smiling6: There's plenty of room to come to the front and it is good to re-visit this dio. The glass case is bought, Jim but the base is home made.
I'm now basically joining the parts for the figures roughly and drilling the arms and torso for wire armatures. The Russian peasant lady has a good pose except she is pouring and I want her to be carrying a vessel under her arm. I'll put up pictures when I have them ready.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sounds good Richard, and looks it too.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John, thanks and sorry for the late reply...SWMBOs got me to do the laundry room and add cabinets. She's a bit claustrophobic so wall to wall mirrors were added too. Anyway my figures are still in the works.

Cheers,
Richard