GWP Ruins dio constructed from home materials during lockdown.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Well done for the laundry room, but lots of mirrors? Would be a lot of glass laying about with me :flushed: :worried:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Well done for the laundry room, but lots of mirrors? Would be a lot of glass laying about with me :flushed: :worried:
I'm no expert with mirrors either, just used IKEA square foot panels and just stick with the double sided tape they provide.

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Could double as workout room w/floor cabinets for free weights & fold down weight bench. PaulE.

• Love
Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Could double as workout room w/floor cabinets for free weights & fold down weight bench. PaulE.
:smiling2: With a postage stamp size area my work out is basically taking the laundry in and out to hang. The dryer is only if it's a rainy day. The other forms of workouts are feeding the cats and heavy ones chasing the cats around the house during supplement feeding and medicine. Corvid has stopped all hiking for me.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Just clearing my shelf and found the MiniArt figures of French civilians with a priest. I knew I had it but forgot where I put it. Now that will go nicely next to the water fountain.

Cheers,
Richard

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Sounds like that's going to look good, can't wait to see it :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi,
I've been finding the right pot for the little old lady to carry and found one in the Miniart Water Pump Set. Now she needs a bit of fettling and armatures made to get her left arm round the pot because she originally is either standing with arms down or pouring like this...

G13.jpg

Got some wire and pre-drilled holes for the arm and cleaned the pot. I haven't scraped the mold lines yet and will do that when all things are in place. Lots of surgery for the fingers and wrist ahead. I'll attempt to give her a scarf and have her hair wrapped in a bun so she won't look so Russian.

G14.jpg

I have also collected some pails and thinned the rims...don't mind that guy sitting behind, I've just drilled out his neck to take a Hornet head for the North African build.

G15.jpg

The items in the little cart are settled for the two kids to pull them after having filled them at the fountain. This particular cart is much smaller than the ones from Tamiya and MB. It came from the MiniArt Milk Cans Set which was similar in design but much smaller. The jar comes from Historex.

G16.jpg

That's for now while my mojo picks up.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I found half an hour to do some arm twisting and surgery to get the old bones to wrap around the pot...

G17.jpg

The gaps will be filled and magic sculpt to create the folds and part of the wrist. I nearly forgot that they provided another set of arms positioned to the side and had tried to fiddle with the pouring arm that's why you see a glue stain on her apron. Once all hardened I will scrape off seam lines and clean up a bit before attacking the head with hair. Boy... does she look solem.

Cheers,
Richard

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I found half an hour to do some arm twisting and surgery to get the old bones to wrap around the pot...

View attachment 423979

The gaps will be filled and magic sculpt to create the folds and part of the wrist. I nearly forgot that they provided another set of arms positioned to the side and had tried to fiddle with the pouring arm that's why you see a glue stain on her apron. Once all hardened I will scrape off seam lines and clean up a bit before attacking the head with hair. Boy... does she look solem.

Cheers,
Richard
Probably fed up with waiting for her turn at the tap. ;)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Probably fed up with waiting for her turn at the tap. ;)
Yup and I have to make the others look just as sad but happy on reaching the tap.
My aim is to give the faces some life instead of the deadpan looks from injection molded figures. Tamiya has improved with their latest offerings, Hornet has only one set for youngsters.

Cheers,
Richard

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Only just seen this one richard , a year late ! Fantastic work all round , the ruined building is fantastic and the additions to the firefly and the alterations to the civilians are top class , its going to be a great scene , cheers tony

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Tony, I did a walkabout a year ago while checking out the other dio and also sourcing more figures and got distracted with the Spy Ship and gall stone operation. So a year in isn't that late. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Re#1, what a call sign. :smiling2: Lots of figures to go and modify as civilians and children are hard to find and are not the pose you want.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That's a motorbike right Christopher? My late father liked the BSA for some reason.
The side car I guess is for the Missus. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 8703

That’s right it is a motorcycle...and I am divorced leaving the sidecar open...

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
The little details so often make a model. Great looking little cart and nice work sorting out the pot carrier.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That’s right it is a motorcycle...and I am divorced leaving the sidecar open...
Oo...sorry about that...so the side car is a catcher I presume. ;)

Cheers,
Richard