H.M.S. Warspite gets a few scars

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
T

Tone M

i can already tell, this is going to be awesome!

Great work so far Ken, keep it up lad :D

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for all the kind comments, he'll of a long way to go yet, think I've got too many balls in the air at the moment think I need to finish some of the planes and stuff for this dio before I get carried away with building Warspite.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
know that feeling i do it all the time,jumping from one bit to another, just need to work on

one thing then the next, if that dose help,:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Tone I just realised what you put its been 40 odd years since I was called a lad I have trouble walking upright these days don't know about lad more like old relic.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Whoa!!:eek:

That it is taking it to a whole new level!!

I'm gob smacked!!

AWESOME!! :D

T

Tone M

\ said:
Hi Tone I just realised what you put its been 40 odd years since I was called a lad I have trouble walking upright these days don't know about lad more like old relic.
haha, we may age but we never really grow up ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is an update, and a querey I have used humbrol matt varnish for the first time, But I have an unusual effect the varnish has white patches (which in this instance is great I was going to add something like this anyway, and think it works ok) but what if I didn't want it, whats gone wrong ( I stirred it thourgherly)

View attachment 91410

View attachment 91411

View attachment 91412

CRW_2838.JPG

CRW_2839.JPG

CRW_2845.JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I'm going to say you brushed it on Ken, and it was not stirred in between applications? It's great stuff, but unless you are airbrushing it it is fickle.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Two things: One the varnish has reacted with your paints, water probably, or as Joe has pointed out brushed and not stirred enough.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Yes I did brush it Joe only because I was feeling lazy, didn't realise it would cause problems, what if I didn't have an airbrush.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Ken,real liking this one, and the 2 planes look great like the hit 190,

very well done, ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3568

Yes Si I will admit I did brush it but it was stirred well before, it's not very good stuff if you don't have an airbrush, in this instance its ok as I wanted almost exactly that effect.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
Yes I did brush it Joe only because I was feeling lazy, didn't realise it would cause problems, what if I didn't have an airbrush.
Cool, well the effect looks pretty good actually :smiling3: If you were airbrushing it you would mix it something like 50/50 with thinners. I would be inclined to make a similar mix in a wee pot or something if I was brushing and ensuring I stirred it every few minutes. That Humbrol Matt as I said is very good but it can separate very quickly and cause problems.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks moni I think you mean 190 its ok I will put it down to a typo.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
yes yes it was and its never happened lol, :rolleyes:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Ken ,cannot wait to see how it looks with all the led,s working, ;)