H.M.S. Warspite gets a few scars

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
G

Graham D

THey could be life belts, the premium edition did not have any life belts, but they could be as the PE on my Hood has the same type of rings with no mention as to where they go. I believe that they should go on the railings.

D

Deleted member 3568

Well that's a first, never happened before and probably never will again, don't worry won't let it go to my head, my missus just looked and said that does look impressive all lit up, she normally says nothing about my models other than I hope your clearing all that stuff up when you're finished. I'm gobsmacked.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh Ken i know that feeling all to well,plus these words,but not the misses lol,the soul old thing,he is,lol :confused:

or were is my dinner late again,:mad: :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi graham they are portholes don't know what to do now as I've glued the superstructure down and cant get at all the portholes, don't know whether to do the ones you can see or leave them all off, not sure how much difference they would make, plus of course I would have to paint them all.

any way here is what i've been doing so far, thought I would add a bit of life to her.

View attachment 92890

View attachment 92891

View attachment 92892

View attachment 92893

View attachment 92894

View attachment 92895

View attachment 92896

View attachment 92897

View attachment 92898

View attachment 92899

View attachment 92900

IMG_2952.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2954.JPG

IMG_2955.JPG

IMG_2956.JPG

IMG_2957.JPG

IMG_2958.JPG

IMG_2959.JPG

IMG_2960.JPG

IMG_2961.JPG

IMG_2963.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Ken,the PE,work is superb,do like the added touch with the figures as well, ;)

maybe you could just do the ones around the tower part ,if there easy to get to,just a dab of super glue and some tweezers :rolleyes:

or if not leave them off,always the way ,you find out too later lol,:eek: :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi ya all a quick question where would the fire hoses be stored on warspite. I mean they wouldn't dip buckets in the sea to put out fires would they. The reason I ask is I've had an idea for another hit on warspite but I want the sailors trying to put it out, oh and another quick question would they try and launch the walrus whilst under attack.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
another quick question would they try and launch the walrus whilst under attack.
It would be possible to make a launch whilst under air attack, I think, but why would they want to do that? These aircraft were fleet spotter and reconnaissance aircraft, not intended for any defensive role.

Cheers

Steve

L

Lady Phoenix

Just as I think you have this perfect you go and take it a step further forward. I love the back ground, it adds so much to the scenario.

D

Deleted member 3568

thanks Steve just wondered as I was going to put some gunners in it then have one of the remaining planes I have for the dio shoot it up then have some of the crew trying to put the fire out. I will still be having it shot up but need to find out where to run the water hose from.

thanks Penny and Steve S for the kind comments, not done much this weekend been very busy, but here is what I have done.

View attachment 93024

View attachment 93025

View attachment 93026

View attachment 93027

View attachment 93028

View attachment 93029

IMG_2965.JPG

IMG_2966.JPG

IMG_2968.JPG

IMG_2969.JPG

IMG_2970.JPG

IMG_2971.JPG

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking real good Ken,cannot wait to see the finished thing ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice added detail, the use of the hose,and lov the guy on the deck,,

[ think you know what i mean by that not that he is dead the look ] :rolleyes:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow Ken, nice work mate. So many aircraft types involved in attacking Warspite. Great effects; the crew members are nicely done and the fire hose stream of water looks awesome.

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Joe do you think the weathering is ok or a bit overdone.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I think it looks good as it is. Wouldn't add too much more though.

D

Deleted member 3568

Wasn't planning to I did think I had overdone it a bit.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi guys and gals I must be on the last leg now starting on the aerials, and doing some work on the background have some surprises up my sleeve with that, I recon I've got about a fortnight left and will be all done, unless of course I have more detail ideas.