H.M.S. Warspite gets a few scars

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
cool with the leds on ,just gives that touch of gloom, real like it,will look great when all done,

a nice bedside light ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
coming together nicely looking good Ken, ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wow, a lot of action going on here! It's like a page out of a war comic :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

I have seen video and photo of attacks on ships where it looks like hundreds of planes were involved i am trying to show that in a very small way.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking very good Ken, the ship looks so much better with a lick of paint and the guns on, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Done loads to it tonight, not posting pics cause it doesn't look like I've done a lot (its all tiny stuff you can hardly see) I am going crosseyed. On the chains for the anchors, where they slide up and down the long slipways would the paint have worn off and would rust then result (I don't know what you call those bits so can't Google pics).

G

Graham D

You do not want to weather RN ships too much. Looking at pictures of RN ships the weathering seems more on the dirty side with a smattering of rust by the anchors, but what you have done looks good.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Ken, do like it, ;)

maybe you could give it a couple of washes with a lite rust, just to get in the nooks and crannies

that pe work is superb,:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Graham and Moni appreciate the comments, still not keen on PE though but it does improve the kit.

tanktrack

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
it is looking well Ken , as Graham says you don't want to overkill with the weathering ,anchor chains and chain slips is were I would put any rust , it is looking very atmospheric .

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking very nice wiith the PE work, Ken and even its fiddly ,gives great detail, ;)

0ne48thtel

I am liking the look of this ken it is coming along really nicely.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi guys and gals just a quick question, re the aircraft guns at 1/350 would the damage they do to the deck of the Warspite be noticeable, if so how much damage would they do (I assume apart from removing a bit of paint they wouldn't do any damage to the superstructure) if the damage did show, on a run along the deck of the ship how far apart would the hits be.