Halftrack to Halftrack

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
So got the cheeriness out of the way, wife is flaked out on the settee, tv talking away to the dogs, dogs full of chicken and vegtables, laid out snoring and fa....... So it is time to get to more serious items.
Decided to start and organise the sequence of the final build and paint. I realised that if I build and then paint/weather then things are going to get broken in the handling of the model. So the chassis was the first to get the treatment along with the main suspension, front wheels and mudguards on the cab.
weather1.jpg
The front..
frontweather.jpg
main suspension (still to be finished/ top rollers to add).
mainsusp.jpg
The suspension units are still free, this is so that I can add the cab and work area without too much getting in the way. So the next job will be to add these items and then get on with the final part of the build.
Cheers,
Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking the dogs alright, even if they are sleeping Mike. :thumb2:
No chance of getting near the remote, I dropped it once and now am banned from going anywhere near it.
John.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Looking the dogs alright, even if they are sleeping Mike. :thumb2:
No chance of getting near the remote, I dropped it once and now am banned from going anywhere near it.
John.[/QUOTE
Hello John,
Ours do not stand a chance.....
remote.jpg

Reactions: JR

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Going through the list of items I want to include in the interior, there was the obligitory kettle, teapot, burner and gas bottle to build as well as the compressor to go under the bench. So I set to today and started it. and here is the finished item ready for primer and paint.
compressorbuild.jpg

Now where's that remote.....
Cheers, Mike.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice fins on the compressor Mike , what's that on the outerdge of the belt drive , some copper ?

When we needed a new remote Sony said they didn't do one anymore, ha said I , lies , found a super German company who makes them ! Received the new one within a week.
Carry on Mike enjoying this :thumb2:

John

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Nice fins on the compressor Mike , what's that on the outerdge of the belt drive , some copper ?

When we needed a new remote Sony said they didn't do one anymore, ha said I , lies , found a super German company who makes them ! Received the new one within a week.
Carry on Mike enjoying this :thumb2:

John
Remote - first stop Amazon, second stop ebay.
The copper is to add a rim around the pulley wheels just to give it some depth. I have various grades/thikness's of copper wire and i take off what i want, wind it around a drill that is slightly smaller than the wheel, so it looks like a spring - slide it off the drill and then cut across the coils so that it leaves you with rings. I then put a ring into a pair of smooth faced pliers and give it a squeeze and there you have a flat ring or even instrument bezel, all stucl on with c/a thin stuff, or a little liquid glue just to hold it and then c/a to finish the job.
Mike

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Painted and weathered the compressor and also decided to add a hose pipe to go with it, once dry it will be put in place under the bench.
compfin.jpg
And that is it for today, thanks for looking.
And A Happy New Year.
Cheers, Mike.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice progress Mike, awaiting the final build will it be a 2018 or 2019 model?
Cheers, Rick H. and Happy New Year!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mike .
"The copper is to add a rim around the pulley wheels just to give it some depth. I have various grades/thikness's of copper wire and i take off what i want, wind it around a drill that is slightly smaller than the wheel, so it looks like a spring - slide it off the drill and then cut across the coils so that it leaves you with rings. I then put a ring into a pair of smooth faced pliers and give it a squeeze and there you have a flat ring or even instrument bezel, all stucl on with c/a thin stuff, or a little liquid glue just to hold it and then c/a to finish the job"
Yeah just like that ! Can you imagine me , a roll of copper wire and a drill !! Probably end up with a finger with wire wrapped round it :smiling2:
Great idea, and something I would like to try so have put it in my note book .
Looks even better with some paint, that hose end snap connection is the dogs , no doubt you made that as well :smiling2: brilliant.
John

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mike,

Some really nice additions there, this build just gets better and better. Happy New year from my home to yours.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike .
"The copper is to add a rim around the pulley wheels just to give it some depth. I have various grades/thikness's of copper wire and i take off what i want, wind it around a drill that is slightly smaller than the wheel, so it looks like a spring - slide it off the drill and then cut across the coils so that it leaves you with rings. I then put a ring into a pair of smooth faced pliers and give it a squeeze and there you have a flat ring or even instrument bezel, all stucl on with c/a thin stuff, or a little liquid glue just to hold it and then c/a to finish the job"
Yeah just like that ! Can you imagine me , a roll of copper wire and a drill !! Probably end up with a finger with wire wrapped round it :smiling2:
Great idea, and something I would like to try so have put it in my note book .
Looks even better with some paint, that hose end snap connection is the dogs , no doubt you made that as well :smiling2: brilliant.
John
John,
Many thanks for the comments.
Making the rings/bezels is really easy - trust me. Next week i will put a small sbs on here just for you. I hate loose fingers on the floor....:anguished:. Guilty, I also made the end connectors....
Happy New Year
Mike.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Quick update and I am retiring untill next year. The compressor is finished and installed.
compfin1.jpg
compfin2.jpg
And that is it, next it will be kettle, tea pot and burner + gas bottle.
To you all who comment, and to all of you that just pass by for a look - A Happy New Year.
Cheers Mike :tongue-out3: hic!....