Halftrack to Halftrack

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Due to some insane reason I have put away the etch sheet that I need for this build, I put it away so that it would not get lost or mislaid. Well it appears that the ghost has visited me and has done away with said sheet(s). I have spent the day searching in every box, cupboard, draw etc, the only thing I have not done is remove the wall paper.
So what do you do in circumstances like this - you say *********** and you fork out for another set, except that the manufacturer has discontinued the set, none on ebay, and only one place it appears has another version in stock so I have had to order that. When it will arrive (if ever) depends on where this build goes from now on. At the moment I am very frustrated and the prospect of scratchbuilding the parts I want is not on my menu. So the build is now at a standstill and in its box out of the way and will remain there untill such time as I feel I want to continue with it. I will now concentrate on the bridge layer and hopefully bring that to a sucessfull end. More later.
Cheers, Mike.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Mike,

Insanity is fun, but sorry to hear that you have lost your etch. Did you possibly place it in a book or under your mat for safe keeping? I hope either the new set arrives quickly and/or you find your set so this killer build can continue. All the best Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
hi Mike,
That is a bummer as I said earlier I was really enjoying this build, and hopefully it can be reserected soon. Is it worth asking the guys on here if they have the set you need?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
That is a real pain. You know it is where you put it but where is that where!!!
In my experience the best way to find a lost part is to scratch or buy a replacement.
The etch may yet be found.
Jim

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A bench tidy & a thorough look thru ref material usually does it for me. I have put etch & decal sheets in ref material for safekeeping. HTH. PaulE

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Have a look in your PE spares box. I am forever mistakenly putting mine in there. I hope it turns up soon

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Allen, Scottie, Jim, Paul and Steve.
LOL, many thanks for your support and offers of advice on where to find the missing etch. I have searched everywhere and all I can think of is that along with the instructions etc that I placed on my trash bin I also put the etch and somehow it slid into the bin and the rest is history. The new set is apparently on its way, so let's hope it is not too long. I could have carried on but in my work plan the cab and engine bay were to be finished and then I could attach the rear work area and finish that, add the roof and then finish constructing the roof.
But it has given me a rest from it, refresh the batteries, a chance to clean the bench and catch up on the Chieftain bridgelayer which is now being left alone to let the C/a harden. Plus of course I now have the toon model arriving Monday, but in the meantime......
Cheers
Mike.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Quick update,
The etch set is now somewhere between me and Poland, so things are looking up.
Mike.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Mike
This is a great looking build glad you found the PE

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Mike, you do know your missing etch will turn up five minutes after the postman delivers the new one don’t you?
Top quality work, by the way, really inspiring....
Cheers
Tim

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike, you do know your missing etch will turn up five minutes after the postman delivers the new one don’t you?
Top quality work, by the way, really inspiring....
Cheers
Tim
Tim,
It will be somewhere, but it can now stay hidden, got the new set today
Mike.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
New set of etch arrived today which was a big surprise as the tracker was showing it still in Poland. So going to spend the weekend caressing and fondling it....... really nurse, do I have to write this out.......
But will be back on the build as from Monday, that is if I survive the protest march in London on Sunday, she who must be obeyed has commanded that we attend as she wants to protest, and as an ex from the East End of london it should be colourful and educational in the area of language. I swear the older she gets, the more militant she becomes, and this all started from a parking ticket over ten years ago, I should add the parking ticket was mine. I would think the parking attendant has recovered mentally from the tounge lashing, she left him quite pale and withdrawn.......
Anyway more Monday, thanks for sticking with it.
Cheers,
Mike.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I empathize. Have been to more protests & protest planning meetings in the last year than in all the 60s & 70s combined. Tends to cramp bench time. PaulE

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
I empathize. Have been to more protests & protest planning meetings in the last year than in all the 60s & 70s combined. Tends to cramp bench time. PaulE
Hi Paul,
Back from my adventure into the wild world of protest in the Smoke on Sunday, madam came back just about crippled after walking all that distance on new knee replacements. But the blessing is it is totally quiet, all that shouting and rabble rousing and the poor soul has lost her voice. So the end result is that I now have a 5' 2" dissident on my hands..... Ah well anything for a quiet life.....
More on the build tomorrow when I get some work done.
Cheers, Mike.