Halftrack to Halftrack

B

Brad9826

Update,
New set of etch arrived today which was a big surprise as the tracker was showing it still in Poland. So going to spend the weekend caressing and fondling it....... really nurse, do I have to write this out.......
But will be back on the build as from Monday, that is if I survive the protest march in London on Sunday, she who must be obeyed has commanded that we attend as she wants to protest, and as an ex from the East End of london it should be colourful and educational in the area of language. I swear the older she gets, the more militant she becomes, and this all started from a parking ticket over ten years ago, I should add the parking ticket was mine. I would think the parking attendant has recovered mentally from the tounge lashing, she left him quite pale and withdrawn.......
Anyway more Monday, thanks for sticking with it.
Cheers,
Mike.
Hi Paul,
Back from my adventure into the wild world of protest in the Smoke on Sunday, madam came back just about crippled after walking all that distance on new knee replacements. But the blessing is it is totally quiet, all that shouting and rabble rousing and the poor soul has lost her voice. So the end result is that I now have a 5' 2" dissident on my hands..... Ah well anything for a quiet life.....
More on the build tomorrow when I get some work done.
Cheers, Mike.
You haven't been to Paris have you?

Glad the etch has been resolved , waiting for the forthcoming installments on this and the AVLB.. :thumb2::thumb2:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
WOW MIKE... the level of details is amazing... the neon lights are wonderful... wow... sorry if l haven't follow from the beginning... very happy that i found it... KEEP UP the wonderful work :smiling::smiling::smiling::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Just been catching up....again! I seem to miss a lot of updates generally on the forum:thinking:
Superb work Mike, your attention to detail is first class. The strip lights and wire conduit would be forgotten by most but you’ve done a cracking job sir:smiling4:

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
WOW MIKE... the level of details is amazing... the neon lights are wonderful... wow... sorry if l haven't follow from the beginning... very happy that i found it... KEEP UP the wonderful work :smiling::smiling::smiling::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Hi Greg,
I too have trouble keeping up with all of the really fantastic builds going on, and not just in this section. I have to just take a look at every area and there is something there.
Many thanks for the comment, and understand you are busy with your build.
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Just been catching up....again! I seem to miss a lot of updates generally on the forum:thinking:
Superb work Mike, your attention to detail is first class. The strip lights and wire conduit would be forgotten by most but you’ve done a cracking job sir:smiling4:
Hello Si,
It is moving a bit on the slow side at the moment, but please to say that it is now back on the bench after the delay, so should be adding more updates soon.
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Front seats are assembled and have been given a layer of tissue for the seat and seat back to add some texture, they are now primed and ready for painting day... Next up will be the dashboard.
More later,
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update.
I have been sort of ignoring this build as the AVLB has taken up most of my time. Anyway verbal update first - There has been some painting going on, the chassis is now painted as is the jib, wheels, rear suspension and the underside of the rear compartment is now in primer.
Detailing.
The instrument panel has finally been finished thanks to the new set of brass that arrived. I have tried to complete it as per the prototype...
07M3HalftrackInterior.jpg
FOR DISCUSSION ONLY...
instpanel.jpg
This is my rendition, still with a couple of more knobs to add..
And here it is in position along with the seats, what cannot be seen is that I have added the seat adjusters to the front of the seats which are just visible on the original pic.

cab1.jpg

cab2.jpg

Progress now will concentrate on finishing the cab off with tie downs and all of the other small details and then joine to the chassis - add the rear working compartment and add the top rim to the cab which is proving slightly irksome at the moment. But pleased with how things are turning out.
More Later.
Mike.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Open glove box door is excellent/unique. Great details. PaulE
Cheers Paul, it came with the etch, and I was damned if I was going to leave it shut.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update.
Having a bit of fun getting the cab to line up with the rear 'box' and then the frame along to top of the cab. But that is now sorted the frame has gone and the build will be a continuation of the top half of the 'box' - more later.
Had a lazy day, sprayed up the suspension, tracks and front wheels. Once these are assembled and on the chassis I will give them a mild weathering/pigment dusting. The initial colour used is Lifecolor UA303 NATO Green. But I wanted a faded green and the obvious is to use white, but this is a bit too harsh, so went for UA718 Wood Cold Light which looks to be a very pale grey, and has turned out just about right. Once I have added the weathering it should become a bit darker in shade :rolling: .

suspension.jpg
The rubber tracks were first primed, and then given a coat of AK Rubber & Tires. Once dry I masked off the areas where the suspension units would run and also the outside rubber tread. This was then given a light spray of Light Rubber from Vallejo and then, although not seen, this was followed by a very light spray of an earthy mix of undetermined pedigree, this can be seen better on the track next to the two wheels at the top of the photo. The return rollers and drive sprocket have yet to have this treatment.
And that is it for this update.

It has been an eventfull year, I have met a lot of new friends on both this forum and the one we do not discuss, had a lot of laughs, learned some new tricks and ideas, seen some wonderfull creations right across the board from figures to trains both completed and in progress. Personally, I have constructed more models in this last year than in recent years, and three of those have achieved their own rewards.
And as this will be my last update before the xmas break I would like to wish you all A Very Merry Christmas, and hope it brings you all that you wish for, and a Happy New Year, and thank you for dropping by.
Cheers,
Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mike .
You seem to have been in the wars over lost PE and partaking in Protests in our " wonderfull " Capital .
Senior Management here has become most vocal these past few years and has taken to shouting at the TV , thank goodness we haven't advanced to the marching stage just yet ! .
I sympathize with the loosing things , in fact I don't think it's you, the the other dimension where things disappear to only to be hurled back after you have spend hrs searching. That PE will return in possibly in late spring as you think about another build .
The build is in a different leaque , absolutely great and the additions are superb .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

My only concern is where is the Benghazi Burner !
Yours .
453 Cfm Race retired .

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Mike,

Top build and spoken like a true Gentleman Sir. It is always a pleasure to follow your antics projects and to see your work. Enjoy the break and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See ya on the other side, Jackie in hand!!!!

Prost und Ho, Ho, Ho!!!!!
Allen

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Mike,

Caught up again and the work area and cab are great, the attention to detail is fabulous.:thumb2::hungry:

You have a Merry Christmas too and hope to see more of this one in the new year.

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike .
You seem to have been in the wars over lost PE and partaking in Protests in our " wonderfull " Capital .
Senior Management here has become most vocal these past few years and has taken to shouting at the TV , thank goodness we haven't advanced to the marching stage just yet ! .
I sympathize with the loosing things , in fact I don't think it's you, the the other dimension where things disappear to only to be hurled back after you have spend hrs searching. That PE will return in possibly in late spring as you think about another build .
The build is in a different leaque , absolutely great and the additions are superb .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

My only concern is where is the Benghazi Burner !
Yours .
453 Cfm Race retired .
John, I left the shouting at the tv some time ago, I am now into launching the remote down the hallway. Do you know you can assemble a remote in under five minutes???:face-with-head-bandage:....
And many thanks for the kind comment
Mike

Reactions: JR

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Mike,

Top build and spoken like a true Gentleman Sir. It is always a pleasure to follow your antics projects and to see your work. Enjoy the break and have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See ya on the other side, Jackie in hand!!!!

Prost und Ho, Ho, Ho!!!!!
Allen
Cheers Allen, you take care if you are on the road at this time of the year. And yes, here I am again, back from xmas, very quiet, electrified the door knob..... Happy New Year, Mike.

Reactions: JR

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Mike,

Caught up again and the work area and cab are great, the attention to detail is fabulous.:thumb2::hungry:

You have a Merry Christmas too and hope to see more of this one in the new year.
Hi Fernando,
More on the build today, xmas is over and need to get away from the tv. Happy New Year.
Mike.