HO 80s/90s CSX, NS, & Conrail layout resurrection.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
They are authored by the dudes who were in it, can't vouch for accuracy, but are supposed to be true accounts.
Thanks Paul I 'll have a look on Amazon.:thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Paul, just ordered 'Tank Rider' by Evgeni Bessonov, 'Panzer Destroyer' by Vasiliy Krysov, the last one I all ready have according to Amazon ! Got so many books on the device so with out looking I wouldn't have a clue :smiling3:

Thant's my bedtime reading sorted, thank you .:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Paul, Thinking back, I'm certain that the reason for the extended coupler pockets was so these ore cars could negotiate a tight radius......the prototypes were so closely coupled that the opposing wheel flanges nearly touched. Model Die Cast (Roundhouse) ruined the look of these unit trains in HO scale by doing this and as a result I had to spend many hours cutting down coupler pockets and moving the mounting pins for the couplers to bring them closer together..........a real PITA!! The joys of model railroading.
Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That mini area looking good Paul , well the whole set up does, but that just looks so good with the steep sides.
Thanks for the other title, I should be able to find that by the title alone on Amazon.
I'd only just downloaded those other two when I switched it on tonight. :thumb2: What I liked about Amazon was it refused to down load that other title as I'd already downloaded it .Clever stuff .

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Poor planning on my part as there is no longer space to remove washer or dryer should they fail. Pointed out by plumber friend when replacing hot water heater.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Sorry to hear that Paul.

I have enjoyed following this.

Hope it finds a good home.

ATB.

Andrew

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Sorry to here that Paul. I’m having the same problem with my HO layout I’m going to sell it need more room in the garage now since my Farm Tractor sits in there

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Sorry to here that Paul. I’m having the same problem with my HO layout I’m going to sell it need more room in the garage now since my Farm Tractor sits in there
oh Lee you as well what a shame
chris

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s a real shame guys. Isn’t there any way you could make them demountable so they could be taken down as necessary?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
CANT you guys have a smaller layout with out havin to get rid of it ?
chris

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I started out making it modular but integrating the refinery & the end curves on grades destroyed that. Modularity is difficult, time consuming, & requires a lot of upfront planning. Once I made the turn, speed became an issue and the plan went out the window. So no, the layout won't fit in my space.