IBG Autocannone 3RO with 90/53 90mm Anti-Aircraft Gun

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Holly smokes, impressive to see such tidy scratch work Scotty…..looks awesome :cool::thumb2:

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I read in the Spalding Papers that half the town were out looking for the lost rivet !

Great work Paul, think it's one of those things that you just set too and carry on, very much like brick walls or stone sets .The finished shield is superb.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Sorry I am late to this one

Like Mr Race,, I laughed aloud after reading Neil’s comment about you not going to go overboard with details… and although the build seems to be testing your nerves a bit, you certainly are mastering even the most simple details that most of us would not even take on. You make it look effortless my friend and the work is just incredible…now move over the rest of you rabblers so I can get my peepers closer to see the details of this beauty

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Holly smokes, impressive to see such tidy scratch work Scotty…..looks awesome :cool::thumb2:
Si Thank you mate very kind.
Sorry I am late to this one

Like Mr Race,, I laughed aloud after reading Neil’s comment about you not going to go overboard with details… and although the build seems to be testing your nerves a bit, you certainly are mastering even the most simple details that most of us would not even take on. You make it look effortless my friend and the work is just incredible…now move over the rest of you rabblers so I can get my peepers closer to see the details of this beauty
Hi Joe, I must admit I have done more than I intended to do. Trust me I wasn't going to do the shield but it was more a thing could I make a replacement given the angles of the shield etc. As I said earlier the rivets are a tad to big but that 0.6mm is the smallest I have I will have to look out for a smaller one.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Everything has had a pre-shade using NATO black. This was followed by a coat of Tamyia dark yellow. This was followed with a highlight of ,VJ sand.
The decals have been applied.

DSCF3294.JPG

DSCF3295.JPG

DSCF3296.JPG

DSCF3297.JPG

The platform has had a coat of natural steel then a coat of hairspray followed by the sand. This will get worked on later.

DSCF3298.JPG

Next the fun part weathering.

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Nice paint job. I do like the effect of a subtle pre-shade and then highlights. Hope the hairspray works ok, it is always a bit unpredictable - well in my hands it is :smiling:
Jim

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Just had a catch up Paul, excellent stuff, the gun shield & rivets are very impressive, they look a patience tester!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is looking SO Fine!......you must be very pleased Scottie. I love these old Lancias and have always been a little envious of them being available in larger scales and Nil in 87 scale except for the Dreaded Resin....Model on Sir.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Very nice Paul, lovely painting job!!
Thanks Bob, hopefully the starkness will go when when I weather it back.
Hi Scottie
Nice paint job. I do like the effect of a subtle pre-shade and then highlights. Hope the hairspray works ok, it is always a bit unpredictable - well in my hands it is :smiling:
Jim
Jim, me to I have had some mixed results as well.
Simon would be proud of you!
Hopefully he is watching over us. Thank you mate.
Just had a catch up Paul, excellent stuff, the gun shield & rivets are very impressive, they look a patience tester!
Cheers Graeme. it was quite relaxing, just listened to the radio and did a few at a time.
That is looking SO Fine!......you must be very pleased Scottie. I love these old Lancias and have always been a little envious of them being available in larger scales and Nil in 87 scale except for the Dreaded Resin....Model on Sir.
It does seem to be a useful work horse I might even build another version.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
As I said earlier the rivets are a tad to big but that 0.6mm is the smallest I have I will have to look out for a smaller one.
They might be bigger than you'd like, but they certainly don't look out of scale to me.
Pete