It`s only a 223

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Mr. Smiff, you would have to ask yourself where and when you want to place the items. East front, West front, south front or in the middle somewhere. Which year are you looking at? Keep in mind that the Germans changed to dark yellow in '43, but gray vehicles were still in service till the end. Have you decided what you want to do yet??? Looks to be a good little scene under way Andy....

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy,

Coming on nicely!! We're did you get the bunker from?

ATB.

Andrew

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well Mr. Smiff, you would have to ask yourself where and when you want to place the items. East front, West front, south front or in the middle somewhere. Which year are you looking at? Keep in mind that the Germans changed to dark yellow in '43, but gray vehicles were still in service till the end. Have you decided what you want to do yet??? Looks to be a good little scene under way Andy....

Prost
Allen
Hi Allen,
Thanks for that:thumb2:,
I`ve decided to do it in a Dark yellow scheme,making it up as i go along.......probably have a go at a Normandy roadside defensive set up;),
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,

Coming on nicely!! We're did you get the bunker from?

ATB.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew,
The Bunker was a smash and grab raid on Ebay a while ago:thumb2:,
It`s this one........
s-l500.jpg
Very few bits,a doddle to assemble..... and rather nicely finished.Needs a little filler,but a cool little MG post!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking good Andy..... one has a few tomes if needed, you know me ... always researching something lol
Nick
Hello Nick,
Thanks for the offer,yep,a veritable library of info you have always been!!....
.....you may well get a PM or 2 along the way!;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK then,a bit of an update.......
The Vehicle itself has,(As the guys said it would:thumb2: ),flown together in typically enjoyable Tamiya style,so here it is currently Part complete and in Halfords Grey primer........
IMG20220417122752.jpg

IMG20220417122730.jpg

IMG20220417122600.jpg
IMG20220417122612.jpg
The kit is supplied with 2 figures,one full bodied,the other just "Waist up",they are kitted out in DAK uniforms,but as i`m basing this,(VERY LOOSELY :astonished: ),Normandy are,obviously the figures can`t be used,so i found this cghap in the spares box .......
IMG20220416172614.jpg
I THINK he`s a Miniart specimen,but i could be mistaken:thinking:,and he`s far better detailed than the supplied chaps:thumb2:,talking figures,i`ve assemble one of the MG team.....
IMG20220413184541.jpg

Will get more done on this today:money-face:,thanks for looking in,
As always ALL thoughts,suggestions or plain old abuse more than welcomed:hungry:!!
Cheers for now,
Andy

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Dark yellow is nicer to weather than grey. Well I think so anyway. I like that bunker and the figures. The 223 looks to have gone together in typical Tamiya fashion.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ah... now that it's in a dio it has got my attention. 223 is looking good. I particularly like the second figure turning back. Bunker is interesting and can be as is with not much damage as it's still German occupied. Cool Andy, looking forward to more.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just had a read through on this Mr. Smiff.........splendid work and progress so far and the figs are the bomb! will defo make the scene. PCO and have fun!:thumb2: Rick H.

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The Bunker was a smash and grab raid on Ebay a while ago:thumb2:,
It`s this one........
View attachment 451211
Not sure if historical accuracy is your aim, but you do know that’s a Polish bunker, right? :smiling3: Could be occupied by German troops in 1944 to try and repel the Russians, of course.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy
Dark yellow is nicer to weather than grey. Well I think so anyway. I like that bunker and the figures. The 223 looks to have gone together in typical Tamiya fashion.
Jim
I agree Jim.... much more scope for stuff IMHO:thumb2:
Thanks for that mind:smiling:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ah... now that it's in a dio it has got my attention. 223 is looking good. I particularly like the second figure turning back. Bunker is interesting and can be as is with not much damage as it's still German occupied. Cool Andy, looking forward to more.

Cheers,
Richard
Ah... Mr. Foenander Sir.... lovely to see you looking in:thumb2:,
Yes,indeed,the bunker will be ALMOST as is..... your thoughts as i go along will be muchly appreciated mate:cool:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just had a read through on this Me. Smiff.........splendid work and progress so far and the figs are the bomb! will defo make the scene. PCO and have fun!:thumb2: Rick H.
Cheers Rick:thumb2:,
Much appreciated.... although "FUN" is my main priority :hugging-face:!
Andy