It`s only a 223

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
That is looking good. You've got a few flags so you can sacrifice one to see how best to make it work. I like the figures.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looking good Mr. Smiff,

Things are really coming together now Andy. Like Jim just said, you can use a flag for practice, but use one of the ones on the upper part of the sheet. The bottom 4 (2 big, 2 Small) are the real air recognition flags. A question if I may, did you really paint the exhaust pipes blue or is it the camera angle shot. We're not building a Honda here, ya know..............

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking very good Andy. Figures look like they’ll paint up nicely as well. I think I’d stick one of those flags to kitchen foil and use it that way. It will be much easier to get realistic folds and drapery when it’s on foil than fighting with the sticky back directly on the model.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming nicely mate.

Those figure's look good, Looking forward to seeing them painted.

ATB

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good Andy. Figures look like they’ll paint up nicely as well. I think I’d stick one of those flags to kitchen foil and use it that way. It will be much easier to get realistic folds and drapery when it’s on foil than fighting with the sticky back directly on the model.
You really are full of genius ideas!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
It’s not original Andrew….it’s what Little Big Man Studios (who make the shield transfers I use on the little blokes) recommended for using their flag transfers. It seemed as if it would transfer well to this application.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy
That is looking good. You've got a few flags so you can sacrifice one to see how best to make it work. I like the figures.
Jim
Cheers Jim,
Yep,i could sacrifice some flags.... however,i HATE wastage.... so whatever happens,i`ll try and resurrect whatever occurs!! ;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking good Mr. Smiff,

Things are really coming together now Andy. Like Jim just said, you can use a flag for practice, but use one of the ones on the upper part of the sheet. The bottom 4 (2 big, 2 Small) are the real air recognition flags. A question if I may, did you really paint the exhaust pipes blue or is it the camera angle shot. We're not building a Honda here, ya know..............

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen:thumb2:,
HA!! Yeah,you`re right actually..... I did paint it Blue :astonished:... by mistake obviously......
...... my "Gunmetal Blue" got swapped with the "Gunmetal Grey",in my paint stand..... Oooops!!:flushed:....
sorted now mind!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers Tim!
Yep the figures sure look promising.... until i get painting them that is!!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
Superb tip there too mate.... I`ll give it a bash!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
It’s not original Andrew….it’s what Little Big Man Studios (who make the shield transfers I use on the little blokes) recommended for using their flag transfers. It seemed as if it would transfer well to this application.
Too modest by FAR sir.......
..... you could`ve got away with that!!;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
..... OK then Chaps,
I`ve been doing quite a bit on this in the shadows,here`s just a peep.......
My attempt at the Flag,using Tim`s suggestion with the foil backing......
IMG20220423183313.jpg
I used the one on the Bottom row,extreme Left. Stuck it onto the foil,bent into shape,(Ish!!),and cut up a little.....
IMG20220425162839.jpg
I then added some filler here and there,and painted the various Red tones,Off Whites,and altered the swastika .... i may have made it much worse,but i just thought it looked too pristine with it`s perfect lines...... maybe i should`ve just left it alone?!:rolling: ... Anyway,i AM happy with the Sag/drape etc......
IMG20220428171030.jpg

IMG20220428162804.jpg

IMG20220428170910.jpg
Loads more to come soon... and better pictures:thumb2:
Thanks for looking in,
Cheers for now,
Andy