Just a teaser Completed

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks to whoever put this in the right place.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just had a read through on this Dave........change the number plate to I C U 8 1 2 ( I see you ate one too) for those who don't read between the lines very well. Much more appropriate, don't you think?
Rick .

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Just had a read through on this Dave........change the number plate to I C U 8 1 2 ( I see you ate one too) for those who don't read between the lines very well. Much more appropriate, don't you think?
Rick .

You've worked mine out then?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
CHEASE BURGER AN HEAVY ON THE ONIONS PLEASE

I could do you a cheeseburger with plenty of onions Chris but you'll have to wait 'til I've finished setting up! Don't know if I've got any chease in stock though, I'll have to check.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
Great idea. I'd never have guessed but seeing the set up it's gonna look good. Don't forget you'll need a "social distance" advice notice
Jim

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Ddddooohhh! Nobody reminded me what happens to foam when you spray it with a rattle can?

I wanted a nice bit of tarmac for the roadway and tried to use that Rustoleum textured paint I used on my Russia build. Oh well:

IMGP3923.JPGIMGP3924.JPG

I may be able to salvage it if I turn it into a dirt road with some paint and fine grit. If that don't work, I got plenty more foam to start again! Again!!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I suspect, eat a free one for the price of two or ETA 3142? silly me:rolling:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Dave
Great idea. I'd never have guessed but seeing the set up it's gonna look good. Don't forget you'll need a "social distance" advice notice
Jim

The way things are going Jim with these restarts, I suspect the lockdown will be over and done with and we can get to whatever is going to pass as 'normal'.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Any chance of a toasted M sandwich Dave, no didn't think you would have any.

Will sit in the back and watch .

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
OK. Teasing time over. This is my plan - a roadside catering van in a layby - subject to amendments, omissions and additions:

View attachment 390169

I've marked out an area of paving and there will be a lawn area on the left hand side and green stuff along the fence (some square section balsa wood and cut down coffee stirrers) at the back - and at least one tree to go in the middle of that bench! I've also allowed for a drop kerb on the right hand side but haven't shaped it yet.

Based on this 1/24 kit from Aoshima:

View attachment 390175

This is the art stuff I was talking about the other day. I need to replace these decals with English equivalents, although I won't need anywhere near as many. I've managed to get a load of images from the 'net which I've sized to print out (I'll see if I can get copies for you guys). I'll just use normal paper and cut them out as they would be stickers on the real van anyway. I still need a couple of home made signs which Gary MacKenzie is kindly having a look at for me. Although if someone could tell me how to size the cells in Excel so they will print with specific dimensions that would be a big help.

View attachment 390176

Nice straightforward instructions

View attachment 390177

Nice one-piece body saving all the problems of fitting panels and filling joints:

View attachment 390178

One piece drivers compartment and kitchen area (with details moulded in for hotplate and condiment jars etc.

View attachment 390179

Separate wheels and tyres - a blessing for me as I find painting tyres a real nightmare:

View attachment 390183

Only fly in the ointment as it were are the two identical figures supplied. Quite frankly they're b****y awful! Somebody needs to practise their figure skills.

Details are nice enough for me and test fit has shown absolutely no problems anywhere, although I have made changes to the kitchen area. I removed the moulded seat and replaced it with a shelf. I've added cupboard doors with simple holes for opening (didn't fancy faffing about with tiny bits of wire to make pull handles. There are lots of spare bits included which I assume are for other versions of the kit. I've used a couple of them for cupboards and added a kitchen roll holder to one. I've also made a roller shutter for the serving window.

View attachment 390185

Can somebody tell me why this image is blurred. I used a tripod with a timer so I wasn't touching the camera, it was sitting on my workbench.

You'll see the original has lots of bits attached with flagpoles, shelves, poster boards etc. which I won't be using. I've filled in the holes using the pegs from the bits which were supposed to go there. I thought that would save a lot of sanding and filling although most of them will be covered with posters. There's a nice awning which fits over the serving window (Yes. I checked that my roller shutter will fit!) and a shelf and menu board. The original has serving windows on both sides and at the back. I've used the windows provided and just painted over them on the inside. I reckon that's what the owner would do in this country. I'll probably mask them when painting the outside and just put posters there so the inside colour shows around them - again, just as I think the owner would do.

View attachment 390192

I've done the inside a pale blue/grey and I'm planning wooden doors and cupboards with aluminjum fittings. I'm looking at an Emerald green for the outside - what d'you reckon?
this is nice do like it,what a great food van
i could use the decals as well.pop up a picture please of them ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Here you go Allen:

View attachment 390207

Bit blurry, but these have been copied and shrunk and reenlarged and photographed. The biggest of these will be the poster showing the opening times - about 24mm x 40mm, and the smallest about 10mm square, and some will be inside the van so there's no way you're gonna be able to read all the print. But like the man said: "I know they're there!"

Shoulda previewed before I posted! Didn't realise you might not be able to read the notice at the bottom.

It reads "May contain nuts but definitely no Marmite"

The St George flag goes on a little flagpole at the back of the van.

I also have a couple of number plates which read ETA 3142. Bit of dirt in a strategic spot and it reads nicely for me. No prizes, but why?
good find Dave,:smiling: