Just a teaser Completed

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
coming along very nicely,like the tree and greenery ,the signs do make a dio,and are a must,
well done so far ,you giving the plants a wash over to tone them down, ;)

Reactions: JR

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
coming along very nicely,like the tree and greenery ,the signs do make a dio,and are a must,
well done so far ,you giving the plants a wash over to tone them down, ;)

Don't know yet Moni. I might give everything a spray of Klear. A bit of shiny to look like it's been raining - far more realistic in this country than all that bright sunshine! (says he in the middle of a mini heatwave!).

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
This is absolutely brilliant Dave , a great idea and so different from the average build on here . Seen as you’ve banned lovely Marmite , can I order a Spam and egg with a bit of brown sauce and a coffee please , got to keep my strength up - got a long drive back to Sheffield from here ( I like to think the lay by is in a nice sunny part of Cornwall !)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
This is absolutely brilliant Dave , a great idea and so different from the average build on here . Seen as you’ve banned lovely Marmite , can I order a Spam and egg with a bit of brown sauce and a coffee please , got to keep my strength up - got a long drive back to Sheffield from here ( I like to think the lay by is in a nice sunny part of Cornwall !)

Not another one seems like we are bein takin over by Marmite lovers LOL :poop::rolling::cold-sweat: where will it all end :cold-sweat::flushed::smiling2:
chris

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Say Hello to the twins, April and May. Born either side of midnight on 30th April which explains their names.

May, standing, works at my local Cash & Carry which is where I met them. April will be looking after my van - and I'm sure she will do a wonderful job for me.

IMGP3943.JPG

I have no idea who made the figures. Detail is very soft apart from their faces which are surprisingly realistic. They need a coat of matt but the paint is still drying. I haven't done any washes or highlights - I'm going to have to leave that to those who know what they're doing. If I tried it, I suspect they'd both look like they had zebra amongst their recent ancestors!

This is what I got when I ordered them

IMGP3942.JPG

OK. I've got my pitch sorted and someone to look after my van. Just need to finish the last bits of my van so I'll be opening very soon.

For anyone who would like to visit, it's on the main A 1234 about halfway between Here and There. Coming from Here, it's on the left about 2 miles past the turning for Somewhere. Coming the other way, it's on the right almost literally opposite the turning for Somewhere Else.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI DAVE thats brilliant an the girls look very nice can i ask april out on a date ? ;) :smiling2:as she looks very pretty lol but i want my burger first lol :smiling2: an then i'll try may if you approve ?lol;):smiling:
chris

Last edited:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
HI DAVE thats brilliant an the girls look very nice can i ask april out on a date ? ;) :smiling2:as she looks very pretty lol but i want my burger first lol :smiling2: an then i'll try may if you approve ?lol;):smiling:
chris

No good asking for my approval Chris - you're not asking ME for a date are you?

Just noticed April looks like she has a moustache! It's just the way the light is catching her face - honest!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
NO not you Dave i askin about april an may as they your young ladyies even with the moustache! lol :smiling: :smiling:
an tell them i look like tom cruise lol ;) :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2:

• Haha

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
SPAM?! We used to call it "hoofs & snouts" back in the 50s. Mum tried 40 different ways to get us to eat it. Mine ended up in the radio cabinet. Don't know where my bros hid theirs. My Dad would eat rocks if you put catsup on'em. PaulE

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dave
For anyone who would like to visit, it's on the main A 1234 about halfway between Here and There. Coming from Here, it's on the left about 2 miles past the turning for Somewhere. Coming the other way, it's on the right almost literally opposite the turning for Somewhere Else.
I think I passed it on my way to Anotherplace. April and May weren't there - more's the pity.

A great build and a fun thread. I really like all the little thoughtful extras.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Just noticed April looks like she has a moustache! It's just the way the light is catching her face - honest!

I think she was under the van tightening the oil drain plug myself Dave!!! BTW, when was the last time you visited a Doc!!! I think Cabin Fever has taken hold of ya.............................

Helluva great project you got going on here though!!!!

Prost
Allen

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
NO not you Dave i askin about april an may as they your young ladyies even with the moustache! lol :smiling: :smiling:
an tell them i look like tom cruise lol ;) :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2:

You tell 'em! I ain't gettin' involved in your romantic shenanigans!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I think she was under the van tightening the oil drain plug myself Dave!!! BTW, when was the last time you visited a Doc!!! I think Cabin Fever has taken hold of ya.............................

Helluva great project you got going on here though!!!!

Prost
Allen

Cabin Fever - is that what it is? Why should I need to see a doc when I'm enjoying myself so much?

This passage from a story by Robert Bloch illustrates my point:

Joe Blow is soon pouring out all his troubles. Subconscious Sigmund listens very carefully.

‘Do you ever dream?’ he asks.

‘Of course I do.’

‘What about?’

‘Oh, I don’t know,’ says Joe Blow, kind of embarrassed. ‘I have very peculiar dreams. I dream that I am strong, powerful, dynamic. I can lift great weights and have remarkable endurance. I have the ability to see through walls, and hear any sound. And in some dreams I can even fly.’

‘Aha!’ says Subconscious Sigmund.

‘Also,’ says Joe Blow, blushing, ‘in some dreams I am always having dates with movie queens.’

‘Really,’ says Subconscious Sigmund. ‘You are strong, powerful, forceful, eh? And you have dates with movie queens.’

‘That’s right,’ says Joe Blow. ‘Can you do anything to help me?’

‘Sure,’ snaps Subconscious Sigmund. He fumbles around and hands Blow a little white box.

‘What’s this?’ asks Blow.

‘A box of sleeping tablets,’ grunts Subconscious Sigismund. ‘With dreams like that, what do you want to stay awake for?’

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very well done on the two,girls Dave,they are goods,always very hard to find civilian,s
juust a couple of washs on them and alls good,have to ask where did you find them please ;)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
very well done on the two,girls Dave,they are goods,always very hard to find civilian,s
juust a couple of washs on them and alls good,have to ask where did you find them please ;)

Got them from a private seller on ebay Moni. I'll contact him and ask if he's got any more info.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave

Been in touch with the seller Moni. No luck I'm afraid, he got them from ebay himself a couple of years ago. Sorry I can't help.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Preiser make some figs. that are very similar in 1/24 scale, give them a try and see if there is anything of interest. Rick H.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Been in touch with the seller Moni. No luck I'm afraid, he got them from ebay himself a couple of years ago. Sorry I can't help.
ta for asking ,as you do never know,i have seen some timme to time,just a matter of looking, ;)

Preiser make some figs. that are very similar in 1/24 scale, give them a try and see if there is anything of interest. Rick H.
Hi,Rick i have seen theses preiser one ,that can be very costly ,as well,sometime they popup from china,in some ebay sites,:smiling:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I got a question. I know work on this has slowed a bit, but it hasn't stopped. I sprayed the interior about 10 days ago with Vallejo Model Air 046 Pale Blue Grey, no primer.

I'm just masking the interior ready to do the outside. Does anyone know why the interior paint is still tacky to the touch?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning or good evening Dave.
Paint problem is as strange as this build :tongue-out3:. Very concerned about Chris, is he the one with cabin fever ? Either that or lack of Marmite !:nerd::smiling::smiling2::smiling3:

As to why it's is still tacky, has it gone on well or has the surface pooled ? Could be the plastic, or grease.