Karls Tamiya 1/48 RAF Mustang III (P-51-B)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I know zinc chromate isn't actually a colour but a treatment, so does vary a lot. Should of seen the hate I got for that on a FB page.
HI Karl i dont like F/B an dont use it but why did you get hate from them F/B USERS ? Is it because they are pureist an everything must be dead on ?
CHRISB

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well Karl I reckon this is coming on a treat. As others have said the detailing is excellent.
I hope your eye problem is nothing serious.

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
HI Karl i dont like F/B an dont use it but why did you get hate from them F/B USERS ? Is it because they are pureist an everything must be dead on ?
CHRISB
It's not all FB users, and you have to be aware that not everyone's social skills are great, but there are some male appendage heads there.
And see trying to explain the difference between silvering and a decal being on a gloss carrier......

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Well Karl I reckon this is coming on a treat. As others have said the detailing is excellent.
I hope your eye problem is nothing serious.
Eye issue seems to have cleared a bit, was having trouble focusing but was also suffering with migrains and migrain auras for the same period, hard to tell which was causing which.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Glad the eye problems eased up a bit karl , the mustang is looking great , cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Top work old chap. Talk about eye problems, I thought that bit of harness was hovering in thin air. Mind you, these glasses are a bit out of date.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow , that's some detail in the office Karl .
Hope the eye continues to improve, we take thing for granted when they are ok health wise.

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
This is it for this week, away again at stupid o'clock tomorrow morning for another 6 day week.....so have to do family stuff today, I might get a chance later to mask and install the glazing, then I'll be ready for paint. Wheel bays are painted.
IMG_20221106_081114.jpg

Last edited:

KarlW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Home again, and home for at least a week so hope to get some progress on this.
Spent a morning of procrastination rather than actually doing anything but glazed, primed, and got two colours down, the white at the nose and the Medium Sea Grey undersurfaces.
Now making bacon butties.
IMG_20221113_130359.jpg