Kelly's Heroes Busts for Steve

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks for your kind words people. I loved doing these three and I hope Steve will like them.

As I mentioned above, I've got the Telly Savalas 'Big Joe' bust on order, so I'll continue with the thread when he arrives.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
zO90grY.jpg

""To the Gang, Stalag 28
Had a large portion of cod and chips at the Magpie, Whitby.""

Been home for 36 hours and just starting to get back into a restricted movement life style!

My right leg will behave as time goes on, and I do the physio exercises

What a real treat and its not Christmas for another 2 days.

I can not believe those resin bits and busts could be turned into such wonderful replicas.

And Joe to follow!

Thank you, seems so inadequate, but it is genuine and heart felt

Thank you.

Have a wonderful Christmas break and plenty of Granddad moments too

Hopefully you will squeeze the odd bust/figure inbetween the Bank Holidays and festivities?

Back to normal operating hours in 2019?

Have a good day with your next project

Its absolutely chucking it down here

Poor Harvey our Ginger boy, looked like he has been swimming when he came in for breakfast.

Best regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Mick - Many thanks.

The C.O. ''Gentleman, I received a postcard today from 'Great Aunt Agnes' wishing you all a very Merry Christmas from Bradford and expressing the desire that you too are able to get away in the not too distant future. We have a HOME RUN!'' Wild cheers and much throwing of caps into the air.

Well done Steve. I hope there's not too much pain (even that caused by Christmas TV) and that you recover in the appropriate style (mince pies are great pain-killers).

Wet and windy here and a day of Christmas shopping in the offing. Granddad moments aplenty and I've managed to get away from too much nappy changing. Dog insanely jealous.

Glad you like the trio. I'll wait until Telly is added before packing them up and sending them back to you.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Peter.
Just had a re read of this , great work as always . Nice to read Steve is in good form after his escape !
Enjoy your time with " little one " , seems the dog is missing his best mate !
John .

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi John. Glad you like these chaps.

Poor old Joe can't cope with his dad going anywhere near the baby. I was lying on the sofa yesterday with her propped against my knees and he came and lay on my chest!

Reactions: JR
R

RichardMo

that is a great start very nicely done . as for Savalas I thought it was Big joe from the same movie ? i'm normally wrong though
RICK.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Just enjoyed Kelly's Heroes on TV for the umpteenth time. Great film.
Peter has definitely captured these iconic characters with his amazing painting skills.
Happy Christmas
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Rick - Thanks . It is Big Joe from the same movie, but for some reason Mitches have not included it with the other three.

Jim - Yes, saw it was on TV today (and yesterday I think). Glad you like them.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great work Peter. The only thing that comes close to beating these is fish and chips at “The Magpie” in Whitby. Simply the best I have ever had....
Have a Fantastic Christmas...
Tim

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Cheer that man.

Tim - Nothing will ever beat the best fish and chips. Never been to the Magpie in Whitby, but the City Fish Bar here in Canterbury does the best I've ever tasted.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
In Whitby I think the fish jump out of the boat straight into the pan....it’s situated alongside the fish dock....there is always a queue to get in....not been for a few years, have to look into going up there again...

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
fish and chips at “The Magpie” in Whitby. Simply the best I have ever had....
Have a Fantastic Christmas...
Tim

It has been a while but they were superb and there was a queue to get in to seat or take away

Christmas is still rolling, buffet about to start, in-laws late as ever

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Well, there's Northern fish and chips and Southern fish and chips.....

Wife and eldest daughter laid up ill, so Christmas dinner was down to self and younger daughter. Needless to say the operation ran like clockwork, though I ended up holding the baby and eating dinner one-handed (plenty of experience of that).

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Well, there's Northern fish and chips and Southern fish and chips...../QUOTE]

I know.................

and it is such pity that you have only experienced the wrong ones, I was trying to be as diplomatic as possible LOL

The Norovirus is pooping up everywhere and is really sickening!

I hope the girls get better soon,

Time to sink into a trifle coma

Regards

Steve H

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Have only experienced true British fish & chips in a pub in downtown Manchester that was about a zillion years old w/great atmosphere and good stout. Loved it. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don't you just love this forum, any visitors must wonder who these " strange people are " no mention of, well hardly any of modelling but talk about the merits of Southern / Northern Fish and Chips.
They need to be cooked in beef lard and not this new fangled vegetable oil, not my words but a friend from Up North.
Sorry to read Peter that Katherine is struck down along with the eldest. Hope the baby stays well .
John .