Land Rover with a difference.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mike .Any room please, ? I've left all inflammable items in the car.

Love watching your mastery of PE .esp as I have bought some for a current build !

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Greg, Many thanks.
Ian, Just plodding along getting bits altered, but it is a good kit/conversion.
John, So that's the car up in flames....
Welcome all,
Mike.

• Love
Reactions: JR

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
As it was a bit windy today, spent the morning watching various things flying down the street. Then decided to get some work done on the gun. Most of the work on the main gun is clean up and assemble. But not really happy with the .5 spotting gun. So decided to change the barrel as I said earlier, you have the cast one, then the breech slide/cocking handle detail was added. And on the other side of the body, the magazine slot was brought out with tome fine pewter strip. Other details added were the rear clamp for the body, and the front barrel clamp and adjusting bolts. A shroud was added where the barrel goes through the mounting and a cam pole tube with securing 'T' bolt was also added. The wheels are just plain as plain can be, but here i added the securing bolt cap, and the tyre valves. Still some work to do, but it's now rest the eyes time.
Cheers,
Mike.
gun1.jpg
gun2.jpg
gun3.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm a little late to the party and once again you are pulling out all the stops on a very interesting subject. Loving the etch and great work so far Mike the Older type Sir Person!!!!

The US army experimented with "Shoot and Scoot" weaponry in 1940. This is what they developed for the use of the 57mm and 90mm recoilless "stove pipe" rifles,

n.jpg
Preliminary test proved the the "shoot" part was spot on, but the "scoot" aspect didn't work due to the shot blowing the head off the "scoot" mechanism. After a few tests, the project was dropped…………...….

Prost
Allen the Younger Old Guy

• Wow
Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Preliminary test proved the the "shoot" part was spot on, but the "scoot" aspect didn't work due to the shot blowing the head off the "scoot" mechanism. After a few tests, the project was dropped…………...….
I spot a joke there …

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ooh er that's cool looking older than me person :smiling2:.

Brilliant work as usual Mike.:thumb2:

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
I'm a little late to the party and once again you are pulling out all the stops on a very interesting subject. Loving the etch and great work so far Mike the Older type Sir Person!!!!

The US army experimented with "Shoot and Scoot" weaponry in 1940. This is what they developed for the use of the 57mm and 90mm recoilless "stove pipe" rifles,

View attachment 372581

Prost
Allen the Younger Old Guy
Hello Younger type person of not so old an age as me,
I see the Ass was not too impressed either.. It would have better had they mixed in some Mollasses for the Ass's ass, and would have perhaps gained a better reaction. And now you know where the phrase came from "S**t we're under fire..."
Take care Youngster, you have some rough weather coming your way, if the old box starts rocking and rolling - pull over and stretch out for forty winks - you cannot drive on your side, does not help the paintwork or company logo...
Mike - The older more handsome one....

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Ooh er that's cool looking older than me person :smiling2:.

Brilliant work as usual Mike.:thumb2:
No, it is the younger person trying to converse with the older person, which the younger person cannot do due to the older person not being in the vicinity of the screwdriver to take off the older persons lid, so has to wait for the older persons older partner of not so old an age to turn the screws that allow the older person out so that the older person can converse with the much younger person who has aged considerably while reading this - got it.:rolling:

Cheers, John.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Huh? Nice metalwork prolly younger than me older person. PaulE

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
More detailing done, added the conduit for the electrics for the firing mechanism on the main armamment. Added the open sights which is the brass item. And am now working on a new trigger mechanism for the .5 spotting rifle.

detailshot3.jpg
detailshot1.jpg
detailshot2.jpg
trigger1.jpg
trigger2.jpg
Getting towards the end of the detailing soon then onto final assembly.
Cheers,
Mike.