Late 1940's French Street Scene 1/35. Scratch built buildings, MB figures and Tamiya car .

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The idea of doing something showing peace time and not fighting as a change has raised my mo jo.
The hardest part of gathering figures and suitable methods of transport for this has been tracking down them down .
Several of the MB offerings are out of stock , Mini Arts of people sitting at a table being served by a waiter is hopefully still on the go but not yet available . Two vans that I really liked were both German, so they were out .
I have managed to get .
View attachment 454154
Going to be a challenge painting !
As for a bike, plenty on Scalemates , but very few being stocked , did manage to get this .
View attachment 454153

Some of you might remember the Polish bakers shop I did with the soldier looking in the window.
This time only need the bike, will remove the central ammo box . The pe part should be fun if I remember right .;)

Going through my box of figure parts I've managed to find two figures sitting and another who with some major surgery will turn in to a waiter . Thoughts of miliput being used here to make an apron. Any tips please shout out .
The car I need a Simca by Tamiya is out our stock so will wait for that to turn up at some point .
Yesterday I started on the base by adding some cheaper form board to a 8 ply base. The chance to do a complete undamaged building will be a treat :smiling3::nerd:

First thing here is to lay out the slightly angled pavement and then start on the stone sets.

Hope you will follow, seating available , tickets as usual available from Mrs Jones.

Snacks , drinks on sale , used to be free but the increase in the cost of living has put paid to that . It's a good job it's good weather otherwise you'd be advised to bring blankets ! See Allen Dewire and Steve " Rivet " Jones as you find a seat . Thank you .
Just found this thread Mr Race,, joining in if I can find a seat amongst the rabble.. love the progress so far..

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Today I managed between fitting a new flush unit in the wc and falling asleep to get some more done.

View attachment 455300

At this point the sets look blurred out, but as the primer dries it develops the pattern.

View attachment 455301
Having allowed it to dry for a day tomorrow I can start to pain in the individual sets, a few still need to have better definition.

Thanks for looking in.
Comments welcome.
BRILLIANT WORK!!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oo-wee! This is GOOD!
Thanks Paul.
Hi John
Those cobble stones look superb already.

I can manage the falling asleep bit but any kind of DIY is beyond me.
Jim
Cheers Jim, was a straightforward job, just remove the old and replace the new, with out stripping the close coupled wc. Shows some designer thought ahead .
The stone work looks superb John :thumb2:

Being an early riser I find it almost impossible to go a whole day without a snooze!
Thanks Steve, I'll probely have to have one next Sunday !
Just found this thread Mr Race,, joining in if I can find a seat amongst the rabble.. love the progress so far..
Of course you can Joe, your always welcome. Mr Dewire will find you seat.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Again I sat out side , but this time in the shade. Managed a lot, including feeding my Blackbirds, who now appear to have a second brood and were working flat out .

2022.jpg2022_6.jpg2022_7.jpg
Meanwhile on the table.

2022_2.jpg2022_4.jpg2022_9.jpg2022_10.jpg2022_11.jpg
Still more to do, going to get some very fine garden soil and mix with some water and PVA, plus a wash over both .

Thanks for looking in and for the comments.

John

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Picking out the flagstones and cobbles is painstaking but worth the effort. The earth wash will pull everything together.
Jim

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Really nice.
I'll be heading north for a few days later today, I'll try and give you a wave as we pass your area on the A1, but not sure if I'll be able to pop in here.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John,

That really is coming on very nicely indeed, great contrast between the paving and the road as Tim said. Top notch work as always.

ATB.

Andrew

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Wow Commander great work and so convincing and the flowers are pretty too.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all, on my phone so don't find it easy.
Managed some progress on some figures and built up the bike, looks really smart .
Have ordered a Citroen car, no one had that little Simica.
First photo show the glazing in , the wall colour is much light than in the photo The strip down the right hand side is a down pipe enclosed in sheet material .
IMG_20220613_203134283.jpgIMG_20220613_203119050.jpg
Used some Revel clear cockpit adhesive , seems ok .
John

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Windows look great. I like the decorated lintels? - them bits above the windows. Glad the Revell glue worked, always a worry it might affect the foam.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking forward to the vehicle JR..........I currently have a pair of Citroen Tractions on the bench. They are a nice choice and were very much used by the Wehrmacht after the fall of France. Missed the figs and bike........did you forget to post them up or am I going blind? :thinking:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Windows look great. I like the decorated lintels? - them bits above the windows. Glad the Revell glue worked, always a worry it might affect the foam.
Jim
Yes it is indeed Jim , I couldn't remember what I'd used in the past when glazing to windows . Tried it before I came to bed and it was holding well . I'll build the windows off the plastic sheet .