Late 1940's French Street Scene 1/35. Scratch built buildings, MB figures and Tamiya car .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking forward to the vehicle JR..........I currently have a pair of Citroen Tractions on the bench. They are a nice choice and were very much used by the Wehrmacht after the fall of France. Missed the figs and bike........did you forget to post them up or am I going blind? :thinking:
No you not Rick, didn't take any photos of the figures, I'll need to clear the bench, well the cave as it looks like a tip !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Picking out the flagstones and cobbles is painstaking but worth the effort. The earth wash will pull everything together.
Jim
Hopefully will Jim, in the past I've tended to give a too dark wash and ended up having to removed most of it .

Nice work john :thumb2:
Thanks Mark .
Really nice.
I'll be heading north for a few days later today, I'll try and give you a wave as we pass your area on the A1, but not sure if I'll be able to pop in here.
Right , I'll start waving to passing cars , just to sure I catch you :smiling3: Gerry.

bl**dy brilliant, John!
Thanks Neil .

It's so good John. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard, kind of you to say .
Fantastic colouration John. Great contrast between the paving and the stone setts. Absolutely loving this so far.
Cheers Tim, there's been plenty of study done on paving and sets photos. There's so many colours in stone, it's certainly not all grey !

John,

That really is coming on very nicely indeed, great contrast between the paving and the road as Tim said. Top notch work as always.

ATB.

Andrew
Cheers Andrew.

Plumbing is something I try to avoid - it always leaks when I've finished! I prefer electrical work, it doesn't make so much mess.

Great work John!
Pete
I know, when I first started fitting kitchens I hated it, now much better , this time is was simple, just turn the water off, and twist the valve unit apart from the holder in the cistern and pop in the new one . As for electrical, treat it with respect, luckily have a good friend who I worked with I can call on if needed .
Wow Commander great work and so convincing and the flowers are pretty too.
Thanks Lee, yes those tubs look good .
Much easier than using my phone , thanks guys .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just for Rick as asked .
Slow but sure, had to reduce the leg hight on one chair to suit one of the figures .
IMG_20220614_191515213.jpg
The one on the left .
IMG_20220614_191527230.jpg

IMG_20220614_191602570.jpg
The bike, Handle bars were slightly out, so removed and reglued. Now working on shutters , going to use Bass Wood you can see the frame in two of the photos .

Thanks for looking in .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice progress JR....thanks for sticking 'em up. Your work surroundings are way too nice..........been rainy her past couple of days.

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good progress John. Something of the Madame Edith about the female figure I think…..

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looking good John. Definitely a great environment to model in although you'll have to watch that Mr Blackbird doesn't steal a leg or two - they do look a bit like mealworms!!
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good progress John. Something of the Madame Edith about the female figure I think…..
Yes Tim, had to look her up as didn't watch much of the series fully agree

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good John. Definitely a great environment to model in although you'll have to watch that Mr Blackbird doesn't steal a leg or two - they do look a bit like mealworms!!
Jim
Your right Jim, yesterday Christine was in the back TV room and a young bird walked through the open conservatory doors and ended up standing next to the settee. Then turned and walked back out !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
90+F/100% humidity outside, 60sF/47% humidty in the cave. Lov'in it.
Sounds great inside Paul, the 100 % humidity not so good out side , bit like being in Hong Kong .

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Glad that the package came in handy John, made a better job than I could have with them. Take it that you were able to remove the insignia off the tunic?
Is it me, or is 'madam Edith' short compared to the older lady?

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Glad that the package came in handy John, made a better job than I could have with them. Take it that you were able to remove the insignia off the tunic?
Is it me, or is 'madam Edith' short compared to the older lady?
Thanks for the parts Gerry . The German lady does look shorter, could well be the angle I took the photo from. Once all the figures are painted and on the diorama I don't think any differences in manufacturers sizes will notice.

The bike was ok, just drilled out for the peddles to fit the holes well . It will be easier than the other one I have as it has PE spokes :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:.Might end up as a frame only as someone has nicked the wheels .:smiling3::smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
No nicking allowed mate, just get on wit man!

• Love

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Is that the one where the inner wheel/spokes are PE and they need to be formed to a shallow cone?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Is that the one where the inner wheel/spokes are PE and they need to be formed to a shallow cone?
Yes Gerry, it came out well the first time when I did a diorama called the Polish Bakers Shop. Didn't know then what it entailed , was more luck than skill .:smiling3:

Woke up up this morning feeling like I'd been on a forced route march from yesterday's exercise walking around the show. Become too used to a slower pace of life !

Last edited: