Live at the dock yard, me hearties!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Wow, your flying with that build.
I have made one of my gun turrets up on mine and I thought the way you just poke the gun barrels into the hole was a little poor but I guess once it’s together it’ll look fine.
I find the hardest bit is deciding how much to construct before painting, e.g, paint deck before adding everything or just build as much as possible? I’m sure there are several schools of thought.
Hi, might have been faster but for the terrible fit and me of course!!

On the turrets i was expecting some form of hole to put the barrell in but bugger all. On 2 turrets the location was sloped and the other flat! I had to cut the barrel at an angle to get any kind of fit!

On the painting front, what you say is very true! i am going to paint the hull first, including the deck, barbettes and the moulded on bits.

I have almost finished the seperate superstruture parts etc, will then paint and add to the deck. Well thats the plan.

Then may attack the KGV, if i think i can handle it. To be honest, i am enjoying the build and all the comments and help is driving me on.

First Name
Carl
Hi, might have been faster but for the terrible fit and me of course!!

On the turrets i was expecting some form of hole to put the barrell in but bugger all. On 2 turrets the location was sloped and the other flat! I had to cut the barrel at an angle to get any kind of fit!

On the painting front, what you say is very true! i am going to paint the hull first, including the deck, barbettes and the moulded on bits.

I have almost finished the seperate superstruture parts etc, will then paint and add to the deck. Well thats the plan.

Then may attack the KGV, if i think i can handle it. To be honest, i am enjoying the build and all the comments and help is driving me on.
Not to rub it in but my trumpeter Dreadnought hull went together absolutely perfect from a fit point of view, very impressed so if your KGV is the same brand I think your find that even more pleasing to build.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Its Tamiya, nobody else does a 1 350 KGV for some reason. So should be good ship to build but its a oldie so detail is not up to todays kits.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
PRAY MAT Bob ? oh you wont need that as you are doin a sterling job on nelson but you might need a nerve tablet lol you are building great me lud nelson an tilt you big hat sidways in salute to all floaty things an stugs lol
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon from no 4 dock:thumb2:

Ready for paint, phew, took ages to clean up all the sanding bits, flash and headache tablet boxes!!
20210115_155706.jpg
20210115_155722.jpg
The superstructure is in varoius pieces, funnel, bridge, deck, these and the assorted guns, boats etc will be painted on there own and added at the end.

Can now see why you build ships in mini kits or stages, a very steep curve for me, cannot compare with armour lol

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Bob, certainly moving on at a pace now.

Will you stop having Photos of a Stug in the back ground please. :anguished:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Maybe not jimjams, but a lot of other stuff......
I‘m sure ‘er indoors would love a Stug dress or leggings for Valentine’s Day......

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very nice Bob, certainly moving on at a pace now.

Will you stop having Photos of a Stug in the back ground please. :anguished:

YEA John :thinking: i noticed that there are stugs in the background he's not gonna leave his stugs is he even though he's jioned the navy:rolling:;):smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:
chris