More Figures for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. I’m paying attention this time napkin in my lap waiting for John to pass the Biscuits Great start

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wowser the heads turned out splendid Peter.Really nice start my friend.
Well what an assembled audience we have,So many biscuits and crumbs.I think Pelican bibs will be mandatory at this rate.It was a nice surprise at BMSS to meet Neil Merryweather who spotted me and a few of my products.
This forum is amazing and it always is such a comfort to have a great bunch of guys to inspire each other and cameraderie.
Give Peter some room guys or be crumbs in his Paints!!!!
Bless you all.
Richard.

D

Deleted member 6559

For goodness sake! Look what happens when I turn my back - crumbs everywhere, orange juice on the floor, the cat's left home, the dog's had a nervous breakdown.....

Much as I like biscuits chaps, being diabetic I can't touch them myself. Lid on the tin now.

OK, back to the figure and I decided to paint the detail around the neck and shoulders so that I could mount the head:

100_4557.JPG100_4558.JPG

The shoulders and neck are where the two halves of the torso join, so the finish there was not perfect and it took some time to make sense of it all. Once the head was on, I saw that I needed to lighten the tones on the neck as that faced out more than I thought it would.

That's all of the fiddly stuff done, now to enjoy painting the uniform.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John still hasn’t passed me a biscuit well sounds like the lids on the Biscuits I knew this was going to be a rowdy crowd when I opened this thread Peter seems to attract these kind oh well this build is better than a biscuit anyway

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No Lee, I've been out looking for the cat !
Peter, looking good ,can understand the reason for painting like that but doesn't bit make the join area harder.

Sorry about the Rabble, but your threads normally cause excitement with the foodies, I remember a while ago a whole page on the merits of fish and chips.
John .

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Oh no John don’t start that confusing topic again. Go look for that cat. Sorry peter for the highjack.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

You need to keep the door on the latch, it keep the rabble out LOL

Lovely work on the head and shoulders

Are you using Vallejo Field Grey on the uniform?

I have the Andrea set for field Grey which seems to be a good match

Morrison's Oaties are twice the value of Hob Nobs and just as good!

Sorry to hear the new specs are taking some time to settle, you should be OK in a week or 2.

Did you ever see that old experiment when they used glasses with a prism in to change the victims eyes in to thinking everything was upside down?

The brain will figure it out eventually.

I am pottering with my bust, but its still early days

Getting cold again here, only 4 C this morning, looks like a cold wet and usual Bank Holiday ahead

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

John and Lee - Who would have thought biscuits would be such a fascinating subject? Now fish and chips....

Steve - Morning. I am using Vallejo Field Grey for the uniform. I'm going to try hard to give it some modulation this time as it can look a bit flat otherwise. Field Grey is a speculative thing - Hollywood is the reason for most of the confusion as usual. I was watching the Band of Brothers episode covering the ambush a Nuenen last night (beautifully done, with even a 'Tiger', 'Marder' and 'Stug') and was pleased to see that they'd got the uniform colour right - US paratroops did not have khaki uniforms as often depicted by modellers (one of my bugbears).

I know the brain will eventually sort out sight problems, but I'm afraid I've already given up on the bifocals, I suspect that they've got the prescription wrong, which has happened before. My bad left eye was constantly weeping and I was unable to use the computer or read while wearing them. The actual sight test was a bit rushed I felt, and the fitter had trouble reading the optician's writing - not a good sign. I'll go back and have them re-test my eyes and have ordinary lenses fitted. The only reason I got them was to be rid of the hassle of constantly changing glasses, but I think I'd rather put up with that.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Peter, I've been wearing varifocals for years. One pair a few years ago gave me serious headaches, and a constant feeling that one eye was trying to rotate in its socket! Particularly annoying as they were very expensive high-index lenses made by Nikon. I went back to the same opticians several times, and they just kept telling me they were as per prescription, and to persevere until I got used to them. Ironically they were on a deal that included a free pair with cheap frames and basic lenses - these were fine! Eventually an independent optician in a different town found that my expensive varifocals had been made with one lens set perfectly, while the other had the optical centre at the wrong height for my eye and the optical axis wasn't vertical, hence the eye trying to rotate.
Should have gone to somewhere else!

My advice - try a different optician.

Pete

D

Deleted member 6559

Pete - Thanks. The last time I had new glasses they'd done exactly that - not centred one of the eyes, so that they were tearing themselves apart trying to focus. I'm going in tomorrow to raise hell and get it sorted out. We're talking about B**ts here, so you'd expect better, but next time I'm going back to the independent optician I used for years. Should never have changed.

D

Deleted member 6559

I did once - never again. An awful experience.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
you've had your thread hijacked again, Peter! :tears-of-joy:
Ive had many years of excellent service with spcsavers- I think it's like all big chains-it's down to the individuals you deal with.
I guess I've just been lucky
actually I have been contemplating bifocals myself recently-something to be aware of....
thanks guys:thumb2:

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The only Boots we have here are for wading through the snow. However I have worn bifocals for many years and I must say for modelling, golf and tennis I have never had any difficulties. My constant question is how come a piece of moulded plastic or metal combined with some machine formed acrylic lenses costs me so much? no matter where I go.

John