More Figures for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

John - Many thanks for looking in.

I've had some real shenanigans with this bloke's head. Started painting number three and realised I was in for a hiding, so......

100_4609.JPG100_4610.JPG

I ended up using the kit head! I have around thirty spare heads knocking about, but not one of them was appropriate for this figure. And after having done all that messing about, I've decided that I quite like this one after all.

I also decided to paint all of the fiddly insignia while my brush was still sharp. None of the black has been modulated yet.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great looking work on the first two Peter, neat how the modulations in the field grey give much depth to their clothing.:thumb2:
Nice base for the grenadier too.:smiling4:

Good luck with the black uniform of the tanker.:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Ralph - I'm actually looking forward to the black after messing about with all of those heads.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Heads seem to be like shoes

You end up with the first one you saw LOL

Perhaps you have found the family history of your chosen politician come presenter?

I recently bought some Hornet African heads, and they all looked like smaller versions of this head!

Thankfully Hornet has sub Saharan heads which look like the real deal.

Lovely work on the emblems too, I've just done the Feldgendamerie shoulder boards and they were a challenge even with an optivisor.

Have a good day with the uniform, I am sure black will be no more of a challenge than your recent victory over white.

Looks like summer might have shown ts face, its bright and could be getting warmer

Enjoy the monochrome palette

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve.

Yes, such a discovery about certain people would certainly rock the boat (though perhaps wouldn't be surprising!).

I need to improve the collar tabs somewhat, and add the awards yet - lost an iron cross to the carpet monster last night, but I think I have a spare. Once again, I've spent an hour studying the work in the Mil Mod Euro Militaire issues, but unfortunately am still clueless as to how those boys do it. I'll just have to go my own way with the black.

Weather does seem to be improving though the nights are very cold still. Unfortunately the gardening can't be put off much longer when it's this fine.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Peter. Backing the wrong horse about the TV presenter though, his family were left wing anti Franco exiles. They relocated to England at the end of the civil war with the help of a British labour politician.....

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Your way will probably be the way to do it Peter. Crazy to think you went through all those heads and ended up where you began. Glad its all worked out in the end.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ah such is life Peter, think this head looks great , esp the nose detail.

D

Deleted member 6559

Tim - We'll he stuck to his roots then!

Steve - Thanks for your faith in me. The head on this one has been a b****r. More later.....

John - Thanks, though I think the nose is the best bit.

Neil - Point taken! I may try and find something else, even if it means dismantling and old figure:

Despite being marched into the garden this morning and told to start chopping, I've managed to get the uniform done:

100_4611.JPG100_4612.JPG100_4615.JPG

It's still a bit shiny, so may need a coat of matt varnish to tone it down, but you can see the effect. The uniform was done with mixes of Matt Black and Basalt Grey. Lots of wet-on-wet with this one.

Now to look at that collection of spare heads again.......

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Did someone say dark chocolate? Great start Peter. Just had a catchup. This lot should take you through Spring at least. Love my bifocals, but agree w/John on cost. They're like dentists, they charge a lot because they can. The fancy tools & software are likely paid off within the first 3 to 5 years, then its all gravy. Those Teslas don't come free.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
OOh no that's not what I meant Peter!:flushed:
I meant it actually looks fine but I had 'dissed' it so I 'll shut up!
good work on the black, too :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Glad you like it.

Paul - It turned out that I didn't need a new prescription and went through all that bother and expense for something I didn't need. To add insult to injury I got a circular from the practice saying that if I bought two extra pairs etc, etc...........

Neil - I didn't like the head so that's OK! See below.

Lee - Many thanks for looking in.

OK, head version 375.7/B;

100_4616.JPG

I couldn't live with the last head, so I took a chance on another Tamiya one (from their machine gunner on maneuvers). I think it's better, though not a great head, and at least it allows me to put the cap in his hand, as originally intended.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Well it IS better, :thumb2:
You can use the previous one for a French resistance chap maybe.... just put a short bit of wire in the top of the beret- job done!:nerd:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. It’s always a enjoyment to peak in and see what up on your bench

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Its all beyond me Peter as the heads all looked pretty awesome mate. I'll just stick to rivets and tracks.