More Figures for Richard

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Figure one looks amazing Peter, the colours look so smooth, what a finish. Great start on number two

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Didn't realise I had missed so much! My apologies. Such wonderful work. Glad to see you are enjoying it so much

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Your palette is very light, looks like the base is the 2nd highlight from the Andrea set, rather than the base colour.

The drapery is well defined too, it must have been fun to paint and a really satisfying day when you had finished.

The Kradmantel I'm painting would have a darker base as its a waterproof rubberised finish, but will need a slight satin coat.

I am off tomorrow as I am working Saturday, so I shall try to paint the head of my bust, it going to be a "fun" day, hopefully!

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Mick - Thanks. As I've said above, I've been studying how the professionals do it, and although I'm so in awe of their work it's determined me to try and get better.

Steve J - Many thanks. Enjoying it is what it's all about.

Steve H - The field grey is done with mixes of Vallejo Field Grey, German Camo Black Brown and Off White. - I really like have so few pigments on the palette. As for your bust, where is it? Please post pictures!

D

Deleted member 6559

Here's where he's at:

100_4586.JPG100_4587.JPG100_4588.JPG100_4589.JPG

The first job today was to paint the trousers and boots. The trousers are intended for a figure wearing a zeltbahn, so the top half would have been covered. As the result was a bit plain I've tried to paint in some extra creases to add interest.

I then mounted him on an old Verlinden (?) base, to which I added some garden grit and bits of wood made from Magnum Mini sticks. I did it at this stage as I wanted to get the angle of the figure right before adding the gear.

It was then on to the gear for the back. Extra bits of straps had to be made for the gas mask canister, and a buckle was added to the strap at the front.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. The depth of the detail you do is incredible very nice.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Your Welcome Peter. Always enjoy your work

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Well done so far, and the "flat" trousers have achieved with your extra work.

He is really coming together as another unique 1:16 figure.

It really must be a struggle to find space in the cabinet, as all your work is worthy of a display spot at the front.

I have to say, that until you try a larger figure/bust, you don't realise the difficulty in painting the minute detail you have captured on this figure.

Just the double seam around the jacket and the back of the sleeves looks so natural but is a real challenge to get looking right.

Well done again.

Its early but I have a window of time to get back to my desk, before the "to do" list for my day off gets waved about !

Have a good day with the finishing pieces, and starting the next one?

Regards

Steve H

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice work on all the extras. The base is up to your usual high standards. Does this mean they won't all be standing together now??

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi chaps, and thanks for looking in. I haven't been able to reach the site to reply for a while, so apologies.

Should be finished today, and no, I don't think I will mount them together - the poses don't quite fit and large bases take up too much room. A stand-alone can usually be squeezed into the cabinet, but I think some culling may soon be in order.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter I’ll check in later when there completed

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - Much appreciated.

Lee - Here we go then:

100_4590.JPG100_4593.JPG100_4594.JPG100_4595.JPG

The last part involved a much longer session than I anticipated. I hate painting ammo pouches, and these took ages. I had to strip the first down and re-paint it, which hasn't happened before.

Once I'd got them into place, I turned to the hands and the StG. Painting went OK, but when I came to mount the gun and right hand it wouldn't fit because the ammo pouch was in the way. The latter had to be re-positioned, and the hand and gun repainted as they'd become a gluey mess.

When they were finally in place I had to cover a damaged patch under the right arm with a pistol, which I was thinking of adding anyway, and finally make a strap for the StG.

So that's number two. The next will be this old favourite;

tam36301.jpg

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. Museum Quality as always He looks awesome