My first Diorama.

D

dubster72

That looks very good Joolz & an interesting way of showing off your KT!

Patrick

Y

Yamato78

Good work, maybe you could put less earth on the front side of the tiger, but this is only a personal opinion, the quality of all is very good

M

Montyman

Hi Backbreaker. Are you still building your dio and what stage have you got to? I,m definitely going to try your plasticine casting technique for cobbles and pavements. Also I'm very imressed with your detailing on your poly buildiings. I,ve tried a similar technique myself but painting with a pva/plaster mix tends to obliterate details in my scale (1/72).

More pics please!

B

Backbreaker

\ said:
Hi Backbreaker. Are you still building your dio and what stage have you got to? I,m definitely going to try your plasticine casting technique for cobbles and pavements. Also I'm very imressed with your detailing on your poly buildiings. I,ve tried a similar technique myself but painting with a pva/plaster mix tends to obliterate details in my scale (1/72).More pics please!
Hi Montyman,

I'm currently painting the figures for the dio, but I'm also building the 1/12 Revell Suzuki RG 500 for a group build on another site at the moment, I'll be posting more pic's soon mate.

For 1/72 scale buildings made from foam, just try painting straight onto the foam (as long as you use water based paints).

Glad you like it, Joolz.

M

Montyman

Aaah, the polystyrene foam thing. I'm still using EP packing material so it's all beady. What is this poly foam and can i get it in B+Q?

B

Backbreaker

OK,

This is my first go at painting 1/35 scale figures.

Here are the chaps that will be going into the dio.

They are about 4/5 done, just added the straps to the weapons which need painting, a bit more painting to touch up , then decals, weathering and finally a layer of Testors Dullcote.

BB.

S

sniperiain

ARRRR i cant wait to see it done........!!!!!!!

im hopping about!

have you ever had the temptation to stand on the dio :D

i have with some of mine. its great.

only on vignettes though!

B

Backbreaker

OK Chaps,

A touch more dulcote and its done.

I'll take more photos outside on a sunny day.

BB

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
This is awesome Joolz, there's so much to see and so much going on. You get a sense of a lot more going on behind the KT like another King Tiger rolling up or something, Top work matey.

Have fun, John

F

Fenlander

That is amazing. Have to say I have never seen so much going on in a diorama, it is just full of things to look at yet nothing looks out of place. A real work of art Joolz and I feel, a labour of love. Well done, truly stunning.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Joolz, I've seen some great dioramas on here but this is something else. I don't mean to belittle anyone's builds as they all produce great stuff, but this of yours is quite superb.

Very well done.

Can you take up knitting as a hobby now, please?

Cheers,

Ron

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I can only echo what others have said, it's brilliant, if this is your first you have set the bar real high, can't wait for your second :smiling3:

B

Backbreaker

Many thanks for your great comments and reactions to the final outcome of the diorama.

When I set out on this journey last year I wanted to produce a diorama that revealed itself slowly, was a feast for the eyes and had the WOW factor and judging by your reactions its not far of the mark. I have learned so much producing this dio, all the known's were unknown's and by building it step by step it evolved, some of the things I did I had to do again purely because I had done them in the wrong order. Some of the things I created ended up being covered and completely disappearing, but I guess I know they are there. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole process start to finish , more love than labour :awink:

For my next diorama I plan on building a much simpler dio, may be something in a field :emo:

I will try and take some more pictures for you all soon.

BB

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well done Joolz the sense of atmosphere is excellent - real drama.

Keep up the excellent work:no1b:

Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi joolz , congrats on a truly excellent dio.5 stars from me! The piece has a real atmosphere to it, the shot of the bloodstained snow with the helmet laying alongside sent a shiver down my spine! Looking forward to whatevers next , cheers tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Wonderful stuff Joolz! Can we please have some more piccies so I can refer to them to remind myself what standard I should be aiming for!

Gern

R

rogue-one

wow! thats a fantastic job! it's great that u've shown all the pic's of each stage, help's a new modeller like me to see how it's done. inspiring! all the the detail is great, i particually like the wall paper in the wrecked cottage and the light switch electrics. and like tony say's, the helmet with the blood stain is a nice gritty touch.:no1b:

B

Backbreaker

I really appreciated all your comments .

Paul Thanks mate, the sense of atmosphere isn't easy to recreate.

Tony cheers for the 5*, I know that blood and guts is a topic that could run and run, but I wanted to also depict the horrors of war with a slight nudge and leave the rest to the viewers imagination , looks like that worked.

Dave I'm so happy to inspire people to have a go, remember mate the only person you need to please when making models is yourself. PS more photos on the way.

Bobby just sharing the love mate.

Joolz

B

backonthecase

holy crap.... I've just reread all pages of this and I think it's time for me to get another hobby. there's so much going on but it's not crowded, so much detail yet not distracting... excellent balance and an amazing work of art..

Stuart