My first Diorama.

H

Hammer

Joolz great build m8t, stunned by the detail in your work. My friends and i have just came back from a weeks tour of the Bulge and we stayed in Stavalot. We are just at the planning stage of our 2nd dio and will be doing it on the bridge area of the town we hope to do a build log of the project. Any advice or tips would be greatly welcomed, again outstandinf work on your dio.

H

Hammer

Hi Joolz

Can you give me some details of the hot wire cutter you use for the foam.

Many thanks

Neil

B

Backbreaker

Stuart and Neil glad you like it .

\ said:
Hi JoolzCan you give me some details of the hot wire cutter you use for the foam.

Many thanks

Neil[/quote

This is the one I use Hot Foam Factory Wire Sculpting Tool Kit with PSU on eBay (end time 23-Jul-10 12:21:48 BST) , the thing I like about this cutter (and there are cheaper ones out there) is the two support arms can be closed forming a bow in the wire thus allowing you to scoop out the foam if you need to cut down into the foam.

Joolz.

ps check out the foam factory website as they have a few demo vids.

H

Hammer

Thanks for the info Joolz, i got the cutter today. Hope to have a play with it in the next couple of days.

Thanks again.

B

Backbreaker

Anytime Neil, happy messing.

PS don't forget the fumes are nasty.

Joolz

H

Holden149

That was the best read i've had in a long time. What an Amazing Dio, the detail, the quality.

For a first time Dio... WoW

You have inspired me.

Although I'll never Produce Quality like that...

B

Backbreaker

\ said:
That was the best read i've had in a long time. What an Amazing Dio, the detail, the quality.For a first time Dio... WoW

You have inspired me.

Although I'll never Produce Quality like that...
Glad you liked it Nick, it was great fun to build, although I was flying by the seat of my pants. Its awesome to think its inspired you to have a go cheers mate it means a lot to me. Just remember the only person you need to please when making models and building dioramas is yourself.

Joolz

B

Backbreaker

Just got back from a weeks caravaning to find out that my Dio has won first prize in a comp I entered.

Prize is £100 , so loads to spend on modelling stuff, just off to make up a list of things I would like (need).

Thanks again for your support during this build, and I will take more photos as promised.

Joolz.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
.... and well deserved too! Well done Joolz.

Gern

R

Richy C

Fantastic news Joolz , well pleased for you very well deservered

Richy

C

combatvf24

Holy cow! What attention to detail and very resourceful as well. You missed your calling working on movie minatures!