My first Diorama.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
The cammo. is taking shape nicely Jools.... I really will have to get stronger glasses, I can see on closer inspection the plates do overlap and it would be a bit pointless to cut and then re do the flaps, and as you point out they will be hidden by the superb diorama anyway!

On the upside I have learned a bit more about the difference between the various German armour.

I was in Tiger 1 mould, sorry for the rather impractical suggestion.

Ron

F

Fenlander

Nothing to criticise as far as I can see. This is a museum quality item.

B

Backbreaker

Cheers chaps!

Graham your to kind mate.

I tell you what, this airbrushing malarkey is bl**dy difficult. I knew it was going to be, coz when somebody makes it look easy you know its going to be hard work.

It doesn't help being colour blind either, but SWMBO has her uses.:emo:

BB.

D

dubster72

Don't worry about the soft-edged camo Joolz coz many King Tigers in the Ardennes were painted this way. Only the really late one's had the hard-edged scheme. So far it looks fine & I think it will look great in your excellent diorama.

Patrick

B

Backbreaker

Cheers Patrick.

If you think it looks fine, I'm happy.

BB.

B

Backbreaker

Last post for tonight.

The compressors tired and ready for bed

Dots and weathering begins tomorrow.

See ya.

BB.

B

Backbreaker

OK on with the spots.

The weathering begins and my this is scary!!

I feel that I'm half way there.

Your honest opinions please.

BB.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Very nice, loving the KT and that ambush camouflage is spot on (get it? no, ok i'll go).

:grinball2: John

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks spot on to me......groan.

Thats comming on a treat Joolz! I love looking in on this thread: every time I drop in for a look there is more and more of your wonderfull work putting us all to shame!!

Ian M

B

Backbreaker

As you can see this kitty has been having fun in the mud. The final touches are going into the dio (more pic's soon) and I've just started the figures.

Thanks for the comments chaps, it really helps to motivate.

Thanks for viewing See Ya

D

dubster72

Mud, glorious mud! It's coming together very nicely Joolz. One thing I'd point out (at the risk of sounding like a rivet-counter!) is the ends of the gun cleaning rods had metal threads so maybe a dab of dark silver on them? Just a thought!

Patrick

F

Fenlander

Dirty Tiger!!!!!. Looking good, cannot wait to see it all come together....

B

Backbreaker

\ said:
Mud, glorious mud! It's coming together very nicely Joolz. One thing I'd point out (at the risk of sounding like a rivet-counter!) is the ends of the gun cleaning rods had metal threads so maybe a dab of dark silver on them? Just a thought!Patrick
Tanks for pointing that out Patrick, will do.

Joolz.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice Joolz, I especially like the way you have the 'spots' on the ambush cammo gradually fading the lower down the tank they go, rather than an all over sameness. Also I have never seen more muddier mud, even in real life! Great stuff...

Very well done.

Ron

B

Backbreaker

Glad you like it Ron.

I think the correct terminology for the type of mud the Kitty has been through is SLOP!:music_toot:

Joolz.

B

Backbreaker

360 view of the finished king T .

[video=youtube;bWEjRGvwt-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWEjRGvwt-Y

Joolz

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Just watched the 'walk around' Joolz and very nice it is too!

One observation for your consideration:- I'm a sucker for dust and making my models as dirty as poss., and it occured to me that perhaps seeing as how the kitty is scratching around in rubble ect that a bit of dust might be in order as I noticed quite a bit of shine, especially on the turret ......Unless of course, it's been raining! lol

That is what I would do but everyone has their own take and finish on their models, which makes with such diverse and interesting results.

Apart from that it's near enough!!!!!

Let's be seeing it on the dio. tute sweet Joolz...

Ron

B

Backbreaker

Hi Ron and thanks for your observation, but I did paint sections of the model with satin gloss to depict fresh rain:thumbs-up:, as you will see the dio is based on a cold wet December 1944 day, I didn't want to paint the whole dio / model with gloss as I felt that would have been over kill, so I went for wet mud and rain patches on the dio buildings etc .

Joolz.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I guessed that was it. After I posted my suggestion I had a look at your superb dio. again, and saw damp patches!!DOH!

I'll get me coat!

Ron